CHAPTER 53

Later at the office. Emma is in one of the ladies' washrooms. The door is opened, and Marianna enters. Emma tenses but ignores her. Marianna is, of course, spoiling for war, as usual. She smiles, in an almost condescending way. Marianna says that it is strange how some people seem reserved but are lions waiting to be awoken, and are unfortunately stuck with boring partners, that don't stimulate them enough.

Emma who has finished, with the mirror, turns to leave. She says that it is sad when, people who don't deserve brains, get them only to waste them. She then smiles and leaves. Marianna rolls her eyes and heads to the mirror. She tells herself that she isn't attracted to Martin, and wouldn't be, because he isn't her type anyway.

Back at the mental hospital, John is reading a newspaper. He then pauses, and Anna Patricia's face comes to his mind. He remarks on what a beautiful woman she is. John says that he doesn't want to remain locked up forever because he wants to marry Anna Patricia and see Gina and Hector much more.

Meanwhile, the private investigator has arrived, and gives Juan Patricio a brief, on Anna Patricia, Armando, and Clara. Juan Patricio is particularly interested in Armando.

Elsewhere, Aurelio and Aranza have officially finished their first year of campus, and are getting ready for their long holidays. Carlos and Helena are of course unhappy at the prospect of Aranza at home for four months.

Meanwhile, Juan Patricio goes through, the report. He knows that the only, way to confirm the truth, is to do a DNA test. He says that it will be easier to do a DNA test on Aurelio. How will he get the boy's DNA? He remembers that Aurelio was injured some time ago, and some tests were done. Juan Patricio decides to get someone to retrieve some samples.

Later that evening, Hector and Gina are at their home alone. Aurelio and Aranza are out with some friends. Hector looks at his sister and asks her if she is okay. Gina says she is feeling emotional because of the pregnancy. Hector looks at her skeptically and says that he does not believe her. Gina sighs and says that she is just sad because they cannot visit their parents' graves and that their children won't be born into their birthright.

Hector moves near his sister and hugs her. He says that that he understands her because he too feels that way. He tells her they will always have each other, through the good and bad times. He tells her to remain strong and that one day soon, it will all come to an end. There in the privacy of her house, with her brother, Gina cries, and he comforts her.

On Tuesday, Aranza and Aurelio, are at his house, alone as Gina and Hector have gone to work. Aranza asks him what his plans are for the break. Aurelio says he is still thinking about it. Aranza admits that she has no idea, either but staying at home with Carlos and Helena is not optional.

Elsewhere at Montes De Alba inc, Horacio's company is doing some business with, Montes De Alba inc, and he is there as well. He runs into Gina, near the boardrooms. He says that she looks beautiful and that pregnancy agrees with her because she is glowing. Gina says thank you but does not smile at him, because, she does not want to lead him on. There have already been too many problems between her and Antonio, and she does not want to add to them. Gina starts to walk past him, but he holds her hand. Gina recoils and tells him to leave her alone. They hear someone approach. It's Antonio. He looks at, Horacio with pure, hatred.

He moves nearer and puts one hand over Gina's hand. Gina silently hopes that they do not begin fighting there. The embarrassment would be too much to bear. Antonio tells him that it is not proper to harass a lady especially a pregnant one. Horacio says he was not. He looks, at Gina, like a hungry lion would a gazelle, making Antonio clench one hand. Horacio then looks at Antonio and says that there is no need to be insecure, though he too would be on guard if he had a girlfriend that beautiful, who is close to perfection and...