CHAPTER 60

Back at Juan Patricio and Claudia's house,

Antonio has just told everyone, the truth. Juan Patricio says that Clara's claims of rape are lies. He insists she and Ramon, ran off while she was pregnant with his child without telling him. Antonio says they all know he is no saint, and Clara isn't the type of woman to lie about something as serious as rape. Antonio tells his grandfather that he is obsessive and misogynistic enough to be capable of rape. Carlos tells Antonio to relax, and not believe everything he is told. Claudia says that he is so blinded by his infatuation with Gina, that he is willing to believe any lie her family gives.

Antonio tells her not to bring Gina into this because she has nothing to do with it. He adds that it is sickening that she (Claudia) would ignore something so tragic on a fellow woman, because of her dark heart and pure hatred for Gina and people she hasn't met. Antonio says that for him not much will change, except that he will want to get closer to Armando and Aurelio because they are family and he will guide Aurelio where he can career-wise.

Back at Hector's house, Adrianna is alone in the dining room. Hector had gone to his room to pick his charger. Adrianna's phone rings. The number is, unknown, making her a bit apprehensive. She picks it up anyway. It is Alejandro. He calls her his beautiful queen, and asks her, how she is. Adrianna tells him, to leave her alone, and then she hangs up. Hector comes out of his room, and seeing her looking rattled and rushes to her side, then drops the charger on a nearby desk. He asks her who was on the phone, but even as he does, he already knows it.

Adrianna tells him that Alejandro had just called her to disturb her but she shut him down. Hector's hands clench, and he says that one of these days he will beat up Alejandro. Adrianna looks at him and tells him that Alejandro is not worth getting into trouble for. Hector says that he will not allow anyone to harass her and that Alejandro needs to learn to respect boundaries. Adrianna says that she does agree that Alejandro should learn to respect boundaries and leave her alone, but that they should also not pay him any attention.

Hector then says that they shouldn't discuss Alejandro or let him ruin their night. He then leans in and kisses her. Adrianna puts her arms around his neck and kisses him back. He then stops kissing her after a few minutes and guides her to his bed. They then begin to eagerly undress each other, as he kisses her.

One week later on a Saturday, Juan Patricio, goes to Armando and Luisa's home. He knocks, on the door, and waits. Armando opens the door and is shocked to see Juan Patricio there. He then collects himself and lets him in. Juan Patricio sits on a couch. Looking at Armando, he is reminded so much of his father. Armando goes straight, to the point, and asks him what he wants.

Juan Patricio, says he wants to get closer to him and Aurelio because they are his family. Armando reminds him that family is more than shared, blood. He adds that he and Aurelio only share his blood, but he shouldn't consider them as family. He adds that he isn't about to forgive him for raping his mother, even if he (Armando) was the result.

Meanwhile, Claudia arrives at Antonio's house. He gives her a look of pure irritation but allows her in. He asks her what she wants to interrogate him about. Claudia rolls her eyes and then asks him where Gina is. Antonio says that she went to visit John at the mental hospital. Claudia rolls her eyes in disgust. She says that Gina has continued her obsession with the crazy man. Antonio stares at his grandmother in irritation and asks her what she came to do. Claudia tells him that they need to talk. Antonio folds his hands and rolls his eyes. He knows that then, like any other interaction with, his grandmother, will be unpleasant.

Claudia says that Gina isn't the woman, for him. She adds that he should be with someone like Isabella, who was raised in a proper family because Gina comes from a questionable background, and was raised by people with questionable morals. Antonio runs his hand through his hair. No one had a quicker way of getting on his nerves like his grandmother. Antonio tells his grandmother, that it wasn't Clara's fault that she got raped. He then adds that Clara is a nice person, who raised two children and four grandchildren well. Antonio then adds that he is tired of her (Claudia) constantly meddling in his life.