CHAPTER 51

Meanwhile, John is shocked and overcome with sadness, after learning that the twins and their father are dead. Their story is so sad. He asks her how their younger sister is. The nurse says she is fine, and from what she has heard, the young girl has grown up into a bright, happy, and confident young woman, despite the tragedies, that have marked her life. He cannot quite put a finger on it, but, he feels an unexplainable feeling when he sees the two children.

Later that night, when Gina was in her bedroom, she pulls out a simple yet stunning necklace. Her mind then goes back several years, to a day before her and her brother's eighth birthday. She is in her room, coloring in the afternoon when there is a knock and then Antonio enters. She turns and then looks at him. Even aged, eight, Antonio was still a charmer and a rascal. He smiles and sits on her bed. Gina (Gabriela) tells him, to leave her alone, and get out of her room.

He says he came to give her a present for her birthday. Gina's face lights up and she asks him what it is. Antonio says she has to close her eyes first. Gina pouts but closes her eyes. Antonio removes the white box and tells Gina to open her eyes. He then gives her the box, and she eagerly takes it and opens it. She looks at him, then at the necklace. She says that the necklace is beautiful, and thanks him.

Meanwhile, Antonio is in his room at the mansion, when he goes through his mother's pictures. In one she is wearing a beautiful necklace. He then has a flashback of him wrapping the necklace in a box before he gives Gabriela the necklace. He then smiles and asks himself where she (Gabriela) and her brother were.

On Friday in the morning, as he is preparing for work. Hector receives a call. He makes an irritated face then picks it up. It is Marianna. He asks her what she wants. She tells him that is no way to speak to the future mother of his child. Hector snickers, then he tells her that, if she has anything to say, she should get to the point, because she is wasting his time.

Marianna reminds him that they are going to have to raise their child together. Hector says he knows that. He adds that if she is only calling to be a nuisance, she can hang up. Marianna smiles and laughs. She says that someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. She asks him if he is happy and satisfied with Adrianna. Hector hangs up and runs his hands through his jet-black hair. How did his life get so complicated?

Meanwhile, at the Montes De Alba mansion:

Adrianna knocks on Antonio's door, then enters. He asks her if she is okay. She says she is. She says she just wanted to ask him, if she can go to his house in the evening, because, she doesn't want to run into her aunt. He says it's no problem. He adds that she is like a little sister, and hugs her. He adds that they can go together and wait for Hector and Gina there.

Later in the evening, Aranza and Aurelio go to his parent's house. Luisa asks her what is bothering her. Aranza tells her about the birthday card somebody sent her mother (whom she calls Helena) via email. Luisa and Armando, share a look. They know the children have been up to something. Aurelio looks at his parents. What is it they are hiding from him? Why does everyone treat him like a baby?

Later on, Antonio and Adrianna are at his house. Adrianna looks at Antonio and asks him if he is okay. Antonio says he is but Adrianna does not believe him and says so. She reminds him that, they have known each other since they were children and she can tell when he is lying. Antonio looks at her determined face and smiles. He then gets serious and says he still is uncomfortable with Gina visiting, John, but that she is as stubborn as ever.

Adrianna sits near him. Antonio says the falling in love thing is still new, to him, and it is occasionally uncomfortable. Adrianna says she understands his concerns with Gina visiting John. Adrianna says that Gina may be stubborn, but he has nothing to worry about because she loves him. Adrianna adds that Gina just has a generous heart. Antonio says that he trusts Gina; he just does not trust John.