CHAPTER 36

Meanwhile, Antonio is in his car, in the basement of the office. In his hand is some paperwork he had forgotten in the car. He then receives a call. He picks up his phone and looks up at it. He makes a face of disgust and irritation. It is the last person he wants to hear from- his grandmother. He knows that all she will do is dampen his mood and annoy him. Antonio, however, knows that not ever picking up a call from his grandmother is much worse, as it will lead to more drama. Reluctantly Antonio picks up her call. Claudia says that they should talk, and Antonio quietly listens knowing that there was no way it would end well.

Claudia says that she finds it weird, that Hector and Gina are so interested in a crazy man they barely know. Claudia says that Gina obviously has never gotten over her father's death, which in itself is understandable because death is painful. Claudia pauses then continues and says that she seems to have daddy issues, and sees physical or behavioral similarities between John and her father and might develop an infatuation or love towards him. Antonio is still quiet, and Claudia knows that she has hit a raw nerve, which she pounces on. Claudia adds that he should be very careful. Antonio tells her to stop being paranoid. Claudia says that she is not paranoid, and is simply stating a fact that can happen.

Meanwhile, Adrianna goes over what Antonio told her about Gina's necklace and the pictures in it. Adrianna wonders what the two are hiding.

Later at the end of the day, Hector, Gina, and Anna Patricia go to the mental hospital to visit John. They are inside Dr. Alves's office. Anna Patricia says that she is sorry to come on such short notice, but Hector and Gina are part of her family and are well-loved, and she was sent to make sure everything is okay. Dr. Alves says that he understands and that it is all okay. He says that he is going to arrange for John to be brought out, and asks Hector and Gina to escort Anna Patricia, to the garden. Dr. Alves then leaves and goes to get John. Hector then smiles and says that was an interesting reason to explain her presence.

Anna Patricia says that she couldn't say that her nosy mother made her come. Dr. Alves is out with John. He tells him that Hector and Gina are here to see him with a guest. John asks him who the guest is. Dr. Alves says that it is someone who is like family to them. Hector and Gina come out with Anna Patricia, and introduce her to John, as their aunt.

He looks at her for a few seconds and says that she is very beautiful. Anna Patricia smiles. Dr. Alves says he will leave them for a little while. John invites them to sit down. Hector and Gina share a knowing look. They can tell that John is captivated by Anna Patricia.

Meanwhile, Antonio is in his house. He is watching a movie on his laptop but his mind is not really there. He remembers what Claudia said earlier. He says (to himself) that his grandmother has a way of messing with his head.

Meanwhile, John tells Anna Patricia that he would like to take a walk around the garden (which is spacious) with her. He adds that it has been years since he has had the company of such a beautiful woman, who is not his doctor or nurse. She agrees. He turns to Hector and Gina and says that he will not take long. After they have left, Hector says that Clara's meddling and nosiness is actually good, because interacting with people who are not part of his medical team, is good for him, and that it will help lift his spirits. Hector, says that he seems to be taken by Anna Patricia. Gina asks if this is what Clara hoped for when she insisted Anna Patricia comes and visits John. Hector says he isn't sure, but he wouldn't put any kind of scheming and tricks past her.

Meanwhile, John asks Anna Patricia if she is afraid of him. She says she is not. He says that's good. He then adds that he is afraid of what lies out there once he recovers. He asks what if it makes him crazy again. She tells him that he should not think that way. She tells him that he should focus on the fact that the doctors have said that he has been making a remarkable recovery. He thanks her for her words. He then tells her that he fears that he might never remember who he was. She tells him to take it step by step.