CHAPTER 41

Looking at his slightly perplexed face, she continues. Aranza adds that he has not tried to get physically intimate with her beyond kissing. Aurelio fidgets with his hands nervously and then says that she should warn him before bringing up weighty topics. When Aranza doesn't say anything he says that there isn't really a rush over such things, unless it's the only thing that connects two people. He adds that he did not want her to think that he loves her body only. He adds that he loves her mind, spirit, personality, intelligence, resourcefulness, craziness, confidence, fieriness, spontaneity, and so much more about her.

He holds her hands and says that when it happens it will be special, and he wants both of them to be prepared for it and take the necessary precautions to protect themselves. He says that she is still underage anyway. Aranza seems relaxed. She says she thought he was already bored of her and did not find her physically attractive anymore. He holds up her chin and says she will never bore him. He adds that she is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. He adds that he still finds her very attractive and leans in and kisses her. Aranza kisses him back as well.

Friday dawns bright and early. At the mental hospital, John is awake. He peruses old newspapers. He is becoming more and more restless. He does nothing all day and he cannot remember anything about his past. He feels frustrated.

Elsewhere, Antonio's phone rings. He is in his room, in the Montes De Alba mansion. When he sees it is Isabella, he frowns but picks it up. She greets him but he tells her to get to the point. She says someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Antonio, getting irritated says that he is not interested in small talk with her. He says if she has anything to say about the pregnancy, she should get it over with. Isabella says they should learn to get along because they will be seeing a lot of each other. Antonio says that he will stay with Gina, and has no intention, of giving her up. Isabella hides her shock but remains silent.

Antonio adds that if she thought she would trap him, with her pregnancy, her plan failed because he loves Gina, and he wants nothing more than to be with her forever. Isabella seethes but says they, will meet later, at night, to discuss the baby they (emphasizes on they) are having. Antonio snickers then says he is not an idiot, and any meeting they are to have, will be during the day, and in an open space, where chances are lower of her pulling a fast one on him. He says that they are meeting the next day, at a nearby restaurant, at around 10 am. Isabella says there is no need to be so cold, to her. Antonio says (sarcastically), he is thrilled that she spiked his drink and got pregnant to trap him.

Elsewhere, Hector is in his room, getting ready for work, when his phone rings. He scowls when he sees that it's Marianna. He, however, picks it up. She says that they need to talk about their baby that night. Marianna adds now that he has already told his friends and family, it is time that the two of them met to talk about the child.

Hector says that she must think, he is an idiot by suggesting such a crazy plan. He says, that any meetings between them will happen, during the day, and in a place where there are people, so that she cannot get up to her sneaky ways. Hector says that they should meet the next day around mid-morning.

A little later, Aranza is at school, she sees Mauricio and does her best to avoid being alone with him. He is crazy. Mauricio meanwhile, is unperturbed and determined to have his way. He says he will have Aranza Montes De Alba, one way or the other.

Elsewhere, Gina is at her desk, working, when Isabella comes in. She passes near Gina and glares at her. Isabella then goes and sits at her desk, and continues throwing eye daggers, at Gina. Emma looks at Gina and gives her a reassuring look. Gina rolls her eyes at Isabella.

At the end of the day, as usual, Gina and Hector get ready to go and visit John. As it happens most of the time, they pass by and pick up Anna Patricia and then Adrianna takes them. John is, of course, glad to see them.