CHAPTER 31

Two days pass and soon it is on Friday. Emma, Gina, and Adrianna go to Antonio's house, while Aranza and Aurelio go to Clara and Ramon's.

There is a big game that day and Antonio and Hector go to the club. Martin is unwell and stays at home. Marianna and Isabella are at the club as well. They are monitoring Antonio and Hector who are ordering, cocktails. The bartender mixes the cocktails and turns to get the garnishes for the drinks. He drops something. Isabella uses the chance, to sprinkle a colorless odorless drug into both glasses.

Most of the patrons are glued to their screens or are drunk and so she passes unnoticed. Shortly after, Hector and Antonio get their drinks.

Meanwhile, Helena tells Carlos of Flavio's proposal to work towards arranging for Mauricio and Aranza's marriage. She says that by marrying the two, they will be increasing their market share, and combining two powerhouses. Carlos doesn't like Aranza at all because she is a reminder of her father and because she is an heiress to the Montes De Alba fortune. He is all for the idea.

Meanwhile, Mauricio is at home, in his room, catching up on some school projects, when his father comes into the room. He says that there is something they have to discuss. Flavio tells Mauricio that Montes De Alba Inc. is one of the biggest companies in the region, and they need to merge with them and control it. Mauricio asks him how they are going to do it. Flavio says that they are going to do it by him seducing and marrying Aranza Montes De Alba. Mauricio asks him how that will happen when she is so in love with Aurelio. Flavio tells him that he is a Basanez, and Aurelio is far beneath him.

Meanwhile, Hector and Antonio are both drunk. Isabella and Marianna watch them. Horacio and Alejandro have arrived. They then strike. Horacio and Alejandro help Marianna and Isabella carry Antonio and Hector out of the club. Alejandro puts Hector in one taxi, which Marianna enters, while Horacio puts Antonio in the other which Isabella enters. Horacio says (to himself) that finally, he is going to get Gina back from that spoilt preppy boy. Alejandro says (to himself) that it is time for Hector to learn that Adrianna is his and his alone.

Meanwhile,

Clara watches Aranza. Never has she met a more jumpy and lively girl. Today, however, she notices that Aranza is not her usual self. Gina had already told Clara what happened to Aranza. Clara is reminded of what happened to her. She makes a resolve and turns towards Aranza. Clara says she wants to talk to her. Ramon is surprised, but let's the two go for a walk. Clara and Aranza don't go far from the house. Clara asks Aranza how she is. Aranza says she is fine. Clara tells her Gina told her about what happened with those guys she learns with. Aranza looks surprised. She asks Clara if she knows everything. Clara says Gina didn't tell her why, she (Aranza) dropped, the charges, but she (Clara) can guess she was threatened.

Aranza is shocked and asks Clara, how she knows. Clara falters and then says she was raped many years ago, so she understands. Clara tells her that it's something that she has not told her children and grandchildren and it's not something she likes to talk or think about. Aranza hugs her. Clara tells her that she should remain strong. She then adds that Aranza has strength and wisdom far above her years and hugs her. Elsewhere, Aurelio went to spend the night at his parents' house.

Meanwhile, Alejandro has helped Marianna to carry a totally drugged-out Hector, into her room. When he leaves, she says that she has finally beat, Adrianna. She looks at Hector and asks out loud, what he sees in such a boring woman like Adrianna. She then begins to kiss him, unbuttons his shirt, and removes his trouser belt.

Elsewhere, Isabella hasn't wasted time either. After Horacio helps her to take Antonio to her house and her bed he leaves. Isabella then goes back to Antonio, locks, the door, unties her hair, and joins him in bed. She then kisses him and unbuttons his shirt, and traces a finger down his body. Later, Adrianna tries to call Hector, but she can't reach him. Gina tries to call Antonio but can't reach him either.