CHAPTER 34

Emma watches Martin, as he drinks a glass of water. He asks her if she is okay. Emma says she is. She adds that he is close to both Hector and Gina, and so he would know what they were upto. Martin is a little confused. He asks her what she is talking about. She says that she understands their concerns and desire to help John but they have gone over and above what most people would have done, and they treat him more like a father or an uncle.

Martin knows the reason Hector and Gina treat John with such love is that he resembles their father, but he can't tell her that, in case his resemblance to Gabriel comes out and someone else notices, to keep the twins secret and protect John. Martin tells her that they probably feel sorry for him, given all that he has been through in the past. Emma looks at him half skeptically. Martin tells her to relax, about it, and then says they just want to help him. He then starts to kiss her, and she kisses him back. They then roll onto the bed together.

On Wednesday morning, and at the mental hospital, John is filling puzzles in his room. He again has the same image of a grandfather with his grandson playing football. He stops and looks around.

Meanwhile, at Montes De Alba Inc., Horacio runs into Gina as she is going to the procurement department. He starts to make conversations with her and she ignores him and walks past him. Horacio says that soon, Gina will break up with Antonio and will come back to him again as it should be.

Meanwhile, Antonio is in the washroom. He is about to wash his hands when he receives a call. He checks whose number it is. It is his grandmother. He scoffs and then picks it up. She says that she would like to meet Gina and her cousin. Given what his grandmother said about Gina, Antonio is unsure about this meeting. He asks her why she wants to see them both, given what she said about Gina. Claudia says she wants to meet the only living relative of the girl he is dating. Antonio asks why and Claudia says she wants to know her better. Antonio scoffs as; he doesn't believe a word she says. Claudia says she simply wants to understand Gina's background. Antonio knows that fighting, with his grandmother, is pointless, because she will always win, so he reluctantly agrees.

Elsewhere, Adrianna is in her cubicle. They are working on a press release, for some new products. She minimizes the tab and opens another. She remembers something that has been on her mind for a long time. Adrianna wonders yet again and asks herself, who the mysterious Gisela Carrillo is. She types, the name Gisela Carrillo, and is surprised at the results. It is the name of Hernan and Gabriela's maternal great-grandmother. Adrianna then googles Hannibal Carrillo and finds out that he was Gisela's younger brother. She is shocked. What does it all mean? Antonio looks at his phone, hoping it's not his grandmother. It is Adrianna. She wants to talk to him, for a little while, before lunch. He agrees to her request. He texts her back and asks her if she is okay. Adrianna tells him that she is fine and that he should not worry.

Back at the mental hospital: John is in the garden. It is big and spacious. He watches another patient interact with his family. His mind then goes back to images of Hector and Gina. A nurse comes and sits near him. She is among the team monitoring the ten patients brought in from the sister facility. He asks her when Hector and Gina are coming. She asks him if he loves them. He says that he feels like he knows them. The nurse watches him, as he looks at the fellow patient and his family.

Sometime later, Antonio and Adrianna are in the garden, a few minutes before lunch. Antonio asks her again if she is okay. Adrianna insists she is. She then tells him that she has been curious about finding out who Gisela and Hannibal Carrillo are since Gisela saved Aranza some months ago. She then tells Antonio that Gisela is the twins' great-grandmother, and Hannibal is her younger brother. Adrianna asks him if he thinks it's all a coincidence and someone is playing a bad joke, or if by some far away stroke of chance the twins are alive.