CHAPTER 28

On Saturday morning,

Gina wakes up earlier than Antonio. She goes over what she learnt, about John. It is all so confusing. She feels so sorry for him. He has lost so much of his productive years; he could have done so much. Gina goes, to the kitchen for a glass of water. Meanwhile Antonio's phone rings. He mumbles and picks up his phone. He opens the message. It's a series of pictures in which Gina is talking to somebody in a restaurant in the mall. He goes through each picture. He then wears his robe and goes to look for her. She is in the kitchen drinking water and has a faraway look in her eye. He looks at her for a few seconds and then walks towards her. He puts one hand, on her shoulder and she turns and faces him.

Antonio asks her again if she's fine and she says she is. He asks her what she was thinking about, which caught her attention so much. Gina says she is thinking about John, the patient from the other day. Antonio asks her why; she is so concerned about him. Gina says she feels sorry for him, because he has been through so much, and he has missed so much of his life. She adds (to herself) and he reminds her of her father. She, however, knows she cannot tell Antonio that, no matter how much she wants to end the lies.

Meanwhile at the Montes De Alba mansion,

Aranza is in the kitchen. She has just finished a glass of juice and is now eating, a pancake. Helena enters and finds her. She asks her, where she is going. Aranza says she is going to meet Aurelio and then they go to meet Adrianna and Hector. Helena is annoyed that, Aranza is going to meet Aurelio. She tells him that Aurelio is bad for her and he is trouble. Aranza rolls her eyes and says Aurelio, is intelligent and has always treated her respectfully.

Helena says that because of Aurelio, they have tension with Flavio Basanez, one of their main partners. Aranza gets irritated, and says she(Helena) is more concerned with Mauricio, and his father's connections and has forgotten the fact that Mauricio and his friends drugged her and would have raped her, had Aurelio, not rescued her. Helena says she should not be dramatic, and that Mauricio and his friends were drunk and were not serious.

Meanwhile with Antonio and Gina,

Antonio asks Gina if there's anything she needs to tell him. She asks him what he means. He says she has been acting a little off since Mr. Montes De Alba's death anniversary and this increased when they ran into John. Gina turns and says the memorial made her emotional and reminded her of her father. Antonio asks her about John. She says the timeline of his ordeal, is more or less similar to the timeline of her father's death, and she feels closer to him helping John. She then turns back to face Antonio. Antonio says he understands the feeling because even though, his mother died when he was young, and he can barely remember her, he misses her. Gina tries to walk away. She does not like to talk about her father. It pains too much to remember the painful death he must have had because of Helena and Carlos.

The fact that Antonio is Carlos's son complicates things even more. Antonio holds her hand and says there is something she hasn't told him. Gina asks him what he is talking about. He shows her the pictures on his phone. Gina sighs and says (to herself) that Isabella and Marianna were behind the picture. Gina says that the person in the picture is one of the nurses who was on duty the day, they ran into John, and they ran into him at the mall. Antonio asks her what they talked about. She says they talked about John's medical history. Gina tells Antonio what Roberto told her about John. He is quite surprised as well. She says that if she can do something, to help him, she wants to.

Sometime later,

Adrianna hears a knock on the door, it's Aranza and Aurelio. Once in, Aranza goes and hugs Adrianna. Adrianna looks at Aurelio questioningly. He indicates that he has no idea. Hector, comes and asks Aranza what's wrong. She says she argued with her mother. Adrianna, asks her why. Aranza says her mother scolded her because she blamed Aurelio for Mauricio being in jail. Aranza says her mother was more worried about how Mauricio being in jail might affect, her and Carlos' relationship with their business partner than she was about the fact Mauricio and his friends drugged her and were going to rape her. Hector and Adrianna hug her.