CHAPTER 7

At the end of the day, Gina was at the parking, with Emma and Antonio. Emma says that Antonio should give her a lift to avoid giving the gossipers material to work with. Gina wants to strangle Emma. Why did she have to hint at the audiotape? Antonio looks at how uncomfortable Gina is, with Emma's hint at the audiotape. He, however, has to admit that Emma is right. Emma tells him where she is to go, and they leave. Emma can sense the palpable tension, between Gina and Antonio. Soon they drop Emma and Antonio drives him and Gina to a friend's house.

Antonio gets the key and opens the door. Gina asks him whose house that is. Antonio says it belongs to a longtime friend, who is on leave, for two weeks and went to his hometown. Antonio asks her if she wants a drink. Gina says water will be fine and that they should get down to business. Antonio says it's fine. Gina tells him that her private life is none of his business, and whoever she chooses to see or not to see, is her private concern. Gina wakes up to leave, but Antonio holds her hand and pulls her towards him. Gina wonders why he has not brought up the issue of the audio. Antonio asks her what she is afraid of. Gina says she has no idea what he is talking about and does not want to know.

Antonio asks her why she is so keen on denying the growing attraction between them. Gina struggles free and tells him he is being ridiculous and none of what he is saying is true. Antonio moves towards her and runs his hands over her hair. He then pulls her even closer and kisses her. Gina cannot fight her attraction, and she kisses him back with a passion to match his own. Even though it is difficult, Antonio pulls away. It could not be there, and certainly not then, no matter how much he wanted Gina. He cannot forget what she said about him either. Gina looks at him. Antonio thinks she will try to flee but Gina sits down.

She can't argue she does not love him because that kiss proved her wrong. What however is on the back of her mind is why Antonio does not bring the issue of the audio clip up. Antonio looks at her. He asks her if she wanted to go out with him the next day. Gina looks at him. What is Antonio up to? The whole day he has not mentioned the audio clip and now he wants to take her out? She cannot get out of that without bringing up the audio clip, which Antonio knows, so Gina agrees. Antonio takes her home.

Meanwhile, Isabella and a friend Marianna Peralta were at a club having drinks. Marianna asks her about how the plan to get back Antonio is going. Isabella says that with time it will all fall into place and the 'country girl ' who thought she could steal Antonio, is going to be taught a lesson. Marianna tells her not to be so sure. She adds that so far Gina has paid no attention to Antonio which makes him even keener to win her over. Marianna adds that Antonio is used to girls swooning over him. Isabella says that she knows Antonio and that there is no way he would ever be seriously interested in some silly townie like her.

Early in the morning, before leaving for work, Emma calls Gina asking her how things went with Antonio. Gina downplays everything but tells her what Antonio said when she asked him why he called her for lunch.

Gina rolls her eyes at Emma's screaming. Gina adds that he wants to take her out. Emma says that she is happy that Gina has scored such a hottie for a date. Gina insists that it is not a date. She says that it is a rendezvous. Emma says she doubts it and asks Gina if she and Antonio kissed. Gina feels her cheeks begin to warm up and flush at the memory. Emma says that Gina's silence says it all. Gina dreads going to work, remembering the audio clip.

Later at work, she runs into Antonio. He flashes her one of his best charmer smiles. Isabella seethes at this sight. Gina goes to the office to have a head start on some of the assigned tasks. Horacio is there too, much to Antonio's annoyance. Antonio goes to talk to Gina. Gina glances at him, and back to Horacio. Horacio believes that where there once was something, it can be ignited, and is sure he can get Gina's love back again. Horacio says (to himself) that no one or nothing, not even Antonio, and him being Carlos's son, will prevent him from getting Gina back. Isabella glares at Gina and looks her up and down.