6. Funeral

Dream POV

I read the letter over and over again during the drive. I decided to take Sapnap, George, Quackity, Karl, and Punz with me to the cemetery.

We were all invited to the burial but not the wake. Since Marcus died in a warehouse fire, there was no body to be found.

Basically, we're going to be there, paying respects to an empty casket.

"Hey," Quackity suddenly says from the driver's seat. I glance up to see a black fence enclosing a green field with hundreds upon thousands of tombstones, ranging from black to almost white. "We're here."

I fold the letter back up and peer out the window. We roll up to the large, black iron gates. As we drive closer, I notice a pair of guards dressed in black holding large guns. One holds out his hand, indicating for us to stop.

Quackity stops the car as one of them walks up to the window. He rolls down the window.

"Invitation?" he asks. The Black Crows Mafia was supposed to be the most organized mafia in the world with only the best trained, most disciplined guards.

I hand Quackity the invitation and he hands it to the guard. The man reads it in silence for a bit before handing it back.

"Go ahead," the gates open in front of us. "Go straight and take the second left turn. You'll leave your car in the parking lot and be escorted to the location. You'll be searched before entering so if you possess any weapons upon entry, they will be taken from you."

"Thank you," I say with a polite smile as Quackity drives through the gates.

"I don't remember them being this strict," George whispers. "I know they were organized but I didn't know they'd be this organized."

We follow the instructions of the guard and reach a parking lot already filled with the most exotic cars. The mafia leaders were already here.

"They said we'd be checked for weapons, should we put these away?" Punz opens his suit jacket to reveal at least a dozen knives, neatly arranged in rows of glinting silver.

"Yeah," I toss out my guns and knives and stow them under the backseat. "If anything happens, I assume the Black Crows Mafia will have weapons to stop it."

The rest of us hide our weapons but I keep a very small blade tucked under the knot of my tie.

Can't ever trust mafia leaders. Especially all
in one place.

We slip out of the car, and Quackity clicks the remote to lock it. The sky has become cloudy and it already feels significantly colder. Especially since it's 3:56 pm in autumn.

We walk toward a small house where a group of guards in black wait for us. They bristle at us approaching and I calmly walk forward, holding out the invitation.

After another inspection of the letter, we're patted down and thoroughly checked one by one.

I catch George's nervous stare, knowing that he hid a small knife under his clout goggles resting on his head. Sapnap smiles nervously too, resting his hands on his head and subtly fiddling with the white bandanna to make sure the blade is well hidden under his bandanna.

After a few long minutes, two guards escort us down a long, dirt path through the cemetery.

We pass tombstones and stir dirt and gravel with our feet.

"So what happens now that the leader is dead?" Karl asks. "Does his daughter take over?"

"That's the plan," the guard responds, keeping his eyes in front of him. The second guard walks behind us.