7. Outplayed

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream chuckles softly as he clicks through emails and trashes several invites from various mafia leaders, asking for an alliance.

The sun has just begun to set, casting an orange glow on his dirty blonde hair and pale cheeks.

"Boss?" He immediately turns to face the guard at the door. Sapnap stands next to him looking uncomfortable.

"Yes? What is it?" Dream's eyes flick to the guard, then back to his friend. Their faces show nothing but seriousness and a hint of anger.

"One of our warehouses was attacked," Sapnap says.

"What?!" Dream sits up angrily.

"But, they didn't take anything," the guard adds. "Well, apart from kidnapping the four guards on duty there."

"Are you kidding me?!" Dream immediately opens his drawers and starts grabbing guns and knives.

"Dream stop!" Sapnap rushes over and closes one hand on his friend's wrist, effectively stopping him. "You going after them isn't going to do anything. We already know who it was and you're not going to like it."

Dream wrenches his hand from Sapnap's grasp.

"Can I take a guess?"

"Go ahead."

"The Black Crows Mafia?"

The two of them nod.

Dream walks back to his desk and sinks into his chair with a sigh.

"Of fucking course, it has to be her," he presses one hand to his forehead.

"Maybe you'll be interested in the video she sent then?" Sapnap asks. Dream glances up as Sapnap hands him a phone, clicking on the video.

The video is silent but shows Y/N standing in a dark room with the four guards all tied to chairs. She laughs and holds out two knives dangerously close to them.

The guards writhe and struggle as she moves closer. The blade brushes against the guard's throat before the video ends.

Silence falls as the three of them stare at the screen. Sapnap is the one to break the silence.

"She made us an offer if we want them back."

"What is it?" Dream sits up immediately. Just because he wasn't close to his guards, doesn't mean he didn't care. He'd get them back safe, whatever it took.

"You're not going to like it," the guard pipes up from the background. Dream shoots him a death glare and he immediately backs away.

"What does she want Sapnap?"

Sapnap twists his fingers together, glancing nervously from the phone to Dream's face.

"500 million— per person."

"WHAT?!" Dream slams his hand holding the phone onto the desk so hard that it flies from his grasp and into the air. Sapnap lunches to catch it as Dream punches his desk. "IS SHE OUT OF HER MIND?!"

"Dream—"

"FIVE HUNDRED MILLION FOR EACH OF THEM?!"

"She said we didn't have to return all of them if we were willing to give 2 billion. "Sapnap's eyes immediately widen and he gulps, knowing he said the wrong thing as Dream stands up quickly. The guard, already taking the hint, flees down the hallway.

Sapnap stays frozen in place as Dream stalks toward him like an angry snake. He knocks the phone out of his hands and presses Sapnap against the wall, hand on his throat and squeezing hard.