27. Make Your Choice

3rd Person Omniscient POV

The Nightmare Mafia stands assembled at the front doors. The chilly morning air blows through the house and the sun is barely beginning to peek over the city skyscrapers.

A murmur runs through them but they fall silent at the sight of a dark shadow descending the steps.

"Everything is ready Dream," Quackity says. "The cars are stocked with weapons and we are scheduled to arrive at the address by 6:00 am."

Dream nods in approval. He wears a black suit with a dark green tie and his usual smiley face mask. His hands are covered in black leather gloves but a silver watch gleams on his wrist along with a smiley face necklace around his neck.

He lifts the necklace and rubs it between his fingers.

Drista gave me both of these.

"We'll get her back Dream," George whispers, noticing Dream's change in demeanor.

"I hope so," he mutters back. "Let's go."

They pile into the sleek black cars and within minutes, are speeding down the road.

Dream's hands grip the steering wheel tighter as he keeps his foot firmly planted on the gas pedal, cursing at 95 miles an hour.

What do you want Y/N?

He drives in his own car since Y/N was expecting him to be alone.

"Is this a good idea?" Bad asks once they've been driving for a while. The atmosphere in the car is tense and quiet. "I mean, if we're caught by the Black Crows Mafia, we put our lives at risk and Drista's."

Sapnap sighs, adjusting his white bandana.

"We always put our lives at risk, for Dream. But this time, we're doing it for Drista. Let's just hope that the three we left at home can help us if anything goes wrong."

"I'm glad Dream decided to leave Skeppy home," Bad says to no one in particular.

"Karl too," Sapnap adds quietly. "Punz is capable of defending the mansion against invaders."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They should be there in approximately 5 minutes," Y/N says. Punz nods as he presses the phone against his ear, peering out the window now and then. "Or maybe more like 5 seconds."

"Wait wh—"

A sudden force slams Punz to the ground. As he tries to get back up, a gun is pressed to the back of his head and he holds up his hands in surrender.

"Find the others," a voice says from behind him. Footsteps leave the room as a hand grabs his collar from behind and leads him out the door.

Punz smiles as he calmly walks with guards in black along the hallways and down the stairs to the basement.

A loud scream comes from overhead which he identifies as Karl.

Hopefully, they'll be okay.

The guards lead him to the safe room which is where majority of the mafia's wealth is. The guard pushes him to the floor and Punz barely manages to catch himself on his hands. He scowls but complies and sits with his legs crossed, hands resting in his lap as his phone is thrown back at him.

Punz gives a grateful nod and pockets the device.

More footsteps sound overhead and a few minutes later, at least 7 guards come down, dragging Skeppy and Karl with them.

"Punz!" Karl yells as the guards throw the two of them on top of the blonde. Punz gasps as the weight of the two of them lands on him. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," he mutters. Karl grabs his sleeve and buries his face into Punz's shoulder. Skeppy hugs him from the other side and Punz feels a twinge of guilt as Karl trembles beside him. "Don't worry."