40. Not Again

Tw: Men being creepy

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream narrows his eyes as he watches Techno and Y/N. He sits with Y/N at her table with one arm on her shoulders.

His face is unreadable due to the pig skull mask but his head scans the area frequently.

Punz circles the perimeter, sipping a glass of wine and making small talk with random people. His eyes keep darting back to Y/N and Techno.

On his third circle, Dream grabs his wrist and pulls him behind a nearby pillar.

"Anything?" he asks in a hushed tone, despite the chatter of the people.

The blonde shakes his head.

"No sign of Schlatt, but I saw two men with his signature S pin on their suits. He's here Dream. That's why Techno's not letting her out of his sight."

Dream peers around the side of the beige pillar to see Y/N and Techno slowly dancing. Her arms are locked around his neck and his hands rest on her waist. Jealousy boils inside as he remembers his own hands resting there that night.

(The dress)

(The dress)

Y/N is in a black dress with silver high-heeled shoes and silver jewelry with her signature tiara on her head.

"Maybe I should give Techno a break," he mutters. Without another word, Dream strides over to the dancing couple and grabs Y/N by the shoulder.

She turns around as he grabs her waist, basically pulling her away from him.

"Dream!" she protests.

"Techno, can I steal my girlfriend for a dance?" he asks with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Techno glances at Y/N and then back at Dream.

"Have fun you two," he says and disappears into the crowd.

Dream growls in his direction and locks his hands around Y/N's waist.

"What was that for?" she asks, her hands making their way up to his shoulders.

"You shouldn't be here," he asks in a lower tone. The music and chatter are loud enough to drown out their conversation from nearby dancers. "I know what your planning and I've tried the same many times, he's unkillable."

Y/N scoffs and tosses her head, letting her hair fall over the left part of her face.

"You think this is my first encounter with him? Think this is the first time I've tried to kill him? I know what I'm doing Dream. Stay out of my way and it'll be done by tonight."

"Love, you are not risking your life for this." His hands grip her tightly. "Just let this go."

"I'll never be safe," she whispers. He glances down and notices a slight hint of fear in her eyes. "He's always looking for me. Now that dad's gone, there's nothing stopping him. You don't know Schlatt like I do. He doesn't care about who he kills or what happens, he just wants me."