58. She Said Yes

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Y/N, will you be my true love?"

A soft gasp collectively runs across the table as Dream presents her with the black velvet box.

"Will you marry me?"

The whole room is quiet as Dream looks with a shining face at his girlfriend.

Y/N covers her face as tears m well up in her eyes.

"Yes!"

Dream lets out a sigh of relief and gets up, sliding the ring on her finger and pulling her in for a kiss.

The band is silver with tiny diamonds embedded into it. The main diamond sparkles beautifully with two smaller diamonds on the side.

Techno, Corpse, and Punz break into cheers while Drista climbs onto the table and jumps up and down.

"SHE SAID YES! SHE SAID YES!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how're we going to break the news to them?" Y/N asks. She and Dream were being driven back home by Techno with Punz and Drista in the back seat.

The blonde teen had been bouncing up and down the whole car ride, bombarding Dream with questions about the proposal.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to propose?"

"I could have helped!"

"How long have you had the ring for?"

"When did you buy it?"

"Where did you buy it?"

"How many carats is the diamond?"

"When did you first decide to propose?"

"Drista!" Dream slaps his hand over her mouth to cut off her rambling. "I'll tell you everything when I get home."

She seems to take that as his answer and makes the motion of zipping her lips and throwing away the key which Dream rolls his eyes at.

Still a child.

Techno hands his identification to the guards at the gate and drives up the driveway to his mansion.

He opens the backseat doors and dramatically holds out his hand for Y/N.

She scoffs and flicks him on the forehead before climbing out by herself.

Dream quickly follows, one hand resting on his fiancé's waist.

"It's like you're already married," Punz comments as he stashed his swords under the seat.

Techno chuckles and leads them through the doorway.

"Wilbur! Phil! Tommy!" he yells, his voice echoing around the giant house. "We have guests!"

A soft pattering of footsteps grows louder and louder as Tommy comes sprinting down the steps, a bundle of dark blue fabric clutched in his hands.