9. Face-off

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream's on his feet, running toward the door as soon as the words leave Quackity's mouth. Sapnap and George begin yelling for Punz and Sam as they chase Dream.

Sapnap grabs Karl on his way out, pulling him away from the bar.

"Wha— what's goin onn?" Karl slurs, clearly drunk.

Sapnap groans as Karl stumbles behind him. He stops, hesitatingly scooping him up and carrying him along.

The two of them are last to reach the car as Quackity already has the engine on.

"Hurry up!" Dream yells from the window.

Sapnap jumps into the back seat with Karl and they speed away before he has time to shut the door.

Quackity weaves through the traffic as Dream begins pulling out weapons from under the seats and from hidden compartments.

Punz grabs a long knife, two pistols, and one rifle.

Sapnap grabs a small butterfly knife, two pistols, and a rifle

George grabs a set of throwing knives and two guns.

Sam grabs two large knives and a backup gun.

Dream smiles as he reaches under his seat to grab his favorite axe, studded with emeralds, and two guns which he tucks into his pockets.

"Quackity, you stay here with Karl," he orders.

They pull up to the warehouse and find it silent.

Dream quietly climbs out first, his axe drawn and gun in the other hand.

The group follows suit as they near the door.

George covers his mouth to stifle a gasp as he bends down to check the two guards lying on the floor. He presses two fingers to their necks and shakes his head.

Both dead.

Dream nods and motions for Sapnap to climb up the side and enter through the window.

Sapnap nods and begins to scale the rough, uneven wood surface.

As Sapnap reaches the window, he places both hands on the ledge to hoist himself through.

He lets out a cry of pain and tumbles down, Punz lunges out to catch him, breaking his fall but sending both of them to the ground.

Dream turns his gaze up as four bullets shoot shown at them.

The group scatters as bullets are fired from all directions. 

"They were waiting for us!" Sam yells.

"You're just predictable," Y/N's voice says, drawing nearer and nearer to Dream and George's hiding spot in the foliage. "And you fell for it too," she laughs.

Dream hefts his axe and breathes in deeply, peering through a gap in the bushes before nodding at George.

He lunges out, swinging his axe at the dark figure.

A gloved hand grasps his axe and wrenches it out of his grasp with a surprising force.

Dream stumbles back as his axe is thrown off into the forest.

Y/N smiles, dressed in the same leather outfit as the night of the ball.

"Why do you choose to do this to me?" Dream yells. He punches at her but she dodges the hit easily and turns to grab his wrist, twisting it painfully.

"Why do you think?" she laughs as he cries out in pain. "Because I'm number one and you're number two. Bullying number three isn't fun."

Dream yanks his arm out of her grasp and spins around to shoot at her.