13. Honored Guest or Dangerous Prisoner

3rd Person Omniscient POV

5 days later

Dream's eyes dart from the walls to the various doors as he's led up the stairs and through many hallways.

A total of 6 guards surround him, excluding Y/N.

They eventually lead him to the top floor and stop at one of the rooms. The door is made of polished dark brown wood with gentle gold decorations on the corners.

Y/N signals to the guards who unlock the door and push Dream in. He stumbles slightly and shoots them a dirty look before surveying the room.

He's pleasantly surprised to see that is actually a really nice guest bedroom with a queen-sized bed in the center and extremely spacious.

The whole theme seems to be black and white.

Dream glances down and notices a large tile with two black wings in the center of the floor.

"So what do you think?"

He spins around to face Y/N who is leaning against the door, the guards nowhere to be seen.

"It's nice," he comments. "Would be nicer if I wasn't forced to be here."

Y/N laughs.

"Well, the good news is that the email I sent to your mafia was opened the day I sent it but still no reply."

"Can I at least call them?" Dream asks.

Y/N sighs.

"Fine, but I'll be there too."

Dream nods a grateful thank you as Y/N closes the door and leaves. He takes a few steps toward the large windows and realizes that they're actually balcony doors.

The left wall is entirely filled with a bookcase and a large seating area is closest to the windows.

On the right wall is a walk-in closet with large sliding mirrors for doors.

Another door on the right leads to the bathroom and a tray of food is laid out on the bed.

Dream walks over and inspects the food cautiously before deciding to eat.

It's a fairly simple meal of soup and salad but it's good nonetheless.

I could escape through the balcony but I'll see what Sapnap comes up with.

Dream just wanders around for the rest of the day, reading whatever book he finds and going through the many different outfits in the closet.

The clothes range anywhere from sweats and hoodies to suits and jewelry.

Yes, jewelry.

And they're all designer brands.

Dream picks up a particularly expensive-looking watch, entirely gold with emerald studded hands showing the time.

He stares at the face of the clock, watching the hands slowly move.

After a while of holding the watch, he decides to slip it on. After choosing an outfit of a dark green hoodie and black sweatpants, he heads into the bathroom for a shower.

Dream nervously steps into the bathroom, eying its white marble walls and polished countertops. He steps into the shower and closes the glass door with a soft bang.

While the water warms, he inspects the various soaps and washes provided.

Dream chuckles as he picks up a shampoo that is supposed to be lavender-scented.

She really put me in this guest bedroom?

All the clothes alone are probably worth millions and I could just steal them when I escape.

Again, why would it matter to her? The mafia is rich as fuck. Losing a few millions is like pennies to them.

And to us I guess too.

After cleaning himself with the lavender shampoo and the orange-scented body wash, Dream picks up a small pot and opens it.

An extremely fragrant aroma hits him and it makes him stumble back. An oily substance fills the container halfway and he gently scoops up some onto his fingers.

He reads the label.

Nourishing Hair Mask
Coconut Oil

Dream shrugs and begins applying it to his hair before rinsing it off a few minutes later.

He turns off the water and dries himself off before wrapping the towel around his waist and walking out.

"There you are."

Dream jumps at the sound of Y/N's voice and finds her leaning against the door again.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" he yells, struggling to cover himself with the towel.

"Chill, it isn't like I was watching you shower or something."

Y/N sighs and tosses the pile of clothes on his bed at him as she turns around to let him change.

Dream finishes changing and gives his hair one last dry with the towel before tossing it away.

"Alright I'm done," he says in an annoyed tone.

Y/N smiles and turns around, her arms crossed.

"Sit," she gestures toward the bed and plops down.

Dream eyes her suspiciously but she just pulls out a silver laptop with a sigh.

"Do you want to call your friends or not?"

Reluctantly, he sits down on the bed next to her as she starts a call with Sapnap on FaceTime.

"How'd you get his number?" Dream asks as it rings.

"I dunno, it's not like I have your phone or anything," Y/N smirks.

Dream stays silent as she pushes the laptop onto his lap and goes to stand beside the bed.

"Feel free to talk about anything, but you have one hour."

Dream nods as Sapnap answers the call.

"What the fuck do you—"

He cuts himself off and his scowl immediately shifts into a broad smile.

"DREAM!"

"Hi Sapnap," Dream smiles weakly.

"Dream! Are you okay? What's happening? How are you—? Why are you—?"

"Sapnap slow down," Dream chuckles. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Sapnap asks, his eyes widening slightly. He holds up two fingers subtly.

Dream nods and gives him three fingers back.

Sapnap nods in approval and smiles.

"So, Y/N wants 43 billion for your safe return."

Dream glances at Y/N who just smiles back from her position by the bed.

"Then give it to her," Dream says, making the sign for help.

"What?" Sapnap asks, making an "are you sure?" gesture. "That's a lot of money."

Dream nods, again.

The two continue to talk but Y/N watches from the side with a slight frown.

She glances at her phone to reveal a text from an unknown number.

Prepare for a rescue mission from the Nightmare Mafia

——————————————————————————————

1,061 words

Uh oh, and btw, you guys are all wrong in your guesses :)

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!