61. Darkness and Death

Tw: Gore, Death, Blood, Violence

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream's heart pounds as he loads his gun. They'd been driving for almost an hour now, the cars slowly peeling off to take different routes.

Now it's just four of them in total.

Sapnap and George are on either side of him with Quackity in the driver's seat and Karl sitting shotgun. 

"You nervous?" Sapnap asks quietly. They'd been sitting in silence the whole time. The radio was off so they could listen for any signs of an ambush.

Dream nods and Sapnap rests a firm hand on his knee to stop it from bouncing. His thumb gently rubs circles through the thick leather of his pants.

"It'll be okay," he mutters. His head is turned to the window as he watches the trees go by. "Don't worry."

"It's hard not to," Dream tries to focus on his breathing, in and out. Slowly. "I worried for Y/N, for Drista, for all of you, for me. This is probably one of the most dangerous missions we've ever gone on."

George turns to his friend and smiles.

"Try not to worry. There's a lot of us here. We definitely outnumber Schlatt. This should be easy."

The three resume their silence and Dream tries not to think about his words.

We do outnumber him.

But what if he has something planned?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night falls our four cars pull into the forest, concealed by the trees.

Dream gets out first, quickly surveying the area before motioning for the others to follow.

Sapnap quickly opens the trunk and begins passing out weapons to all of them.

Dream grabs two large guns and straps them to his back along with four knives along his jacket and two smaller guns at his waist.

"You ready?" Quackity mutters. He adjusts his navy blue beanie and grimaces.

Their leader forces a smile back and twirls a gun between his fingers.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

Under the cover of darkness, they approach the warehouse. Schlatt's mansion sits on a hill a few feet away but it's easier to enter the warehouse.

There are only two guards on duty and Sapnap easily kills them both. He wipes the blood off his knives with a smile and slashes at the door handle.

The wooden door creaks as it swings open and the men head inside.

A bright firework shoots into the sky over the mansion and explodes in a cascade of red and orange sparks.

They were supposed to wait for me!

Without thinking, Dream sprints across the grass and toward the brightly lit house ahead.

He hears shouts from behind him, including George telling him to come back but he ignores them.

His boots trample the lawn and snap twigs as his breathing becomes heavier.

When Dream gets there, the doors are flung open and the dead bodies of guards lie on the ground.

He notices several of them are guards from Y/N's mafia and Techno's mafia.

With loaded guns he walks in, watching every corner closely.