20. Party

Dream POV

"Now turn and grab your partner's waist with both hands," Punz instructs. Half of us break in laughter and he shoots us all dirty looks. "Focus! This is important!"

I chuckle and rest both hands on Drista's waist but tickle her instead, making her double over in laughter.

"Guys! Please!" Punz yells as Sapnap places both hands on Karl's waist and starts swaying the two of them dramatically. Karl giggles and begins rolling his hips jokingly which makes the rest of us crack up.

"CAN YOU GUYS BE SERIOUS FOR ONCE?!" Punz yells at the top of his lungs.

"Since when did you learn to dance like this Punz?" George laughs as Quackity begins to laugh again.

"That is NOT important right now. This party is going to be insanely important because if what Y/N said was true, everyone will be at that party conspiring against us!"

"And this is the appropriate dance?" I snort as Drista begins to twirl in circles. "We all know how to waltz and do basic dances."

"Notice I said the party, not the ball," Punz snaps back. He pauses the music and crosses his arms with a frown. "I don't know the theme, only that everyone is anonymous. But judging by the sample outfits for both women and men, it looks like I'm correct with the dance."

"Let me see," I mutter to which Punz rolls his eyes and produces his phone with the email. I skim through the information and find the photographs at the bottom. "Oh hell no—"

"Let me see!" Quackity bounds over and snatches the phone from my hands. "Holy shit!" His eyes widen and grin at the rest of us with all his teeth.

"We're going to have fun at that party."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rifle through my drawers before finding a white T-shirt and some black jeans.

"Where is it?" I shove hangers of clothing aside and check behind my door. "Where did I put it?"

"Put what?" a voice asks from the doorway. I glance up with a smile to see Drista standing there in a bright green, glittery dress. An emerald and diamond choker is wrapped around her throat and matching rings glitter on a few of her hands. Matching earrings also shine at her ears. Her blonde hair is loose and curled into gentle waves.

"My leather jacket," I grumble, watching as Drista begins to sort through the mess on the floor.

Drista frowns and goes over to my mirror and peeks behind.

"Aha!" She holds up a black leather jacket with a white smile on the back. "Found it!"

"You're the best!" I smile and immediately slip it on.

"I know I am," Drista grins, flipping her hair dramatically.

"Fuck off," I grumble pushing her shoulder playfully. "Go and get your heels on, we'll leave in a few minutes."

"5-inch heels?" Drista asks, darting toward the door. "I'll finally be taller than youuuuuuu!"

I laugh, hearing her voice grow fainter and fainter as she runs away.

Glad she's feeling better.

I decide to add a few silver rings and a pair of black leather boots before running downstairs to join my team.

They're already all assembled in front of the large doors, waiting for me.

"Finally, you look forever," Sapnap rolls his eyes with a smile and adjusts his own leather jacket.