8. 2-0

What a fitting picture for this chapter.

Dream POV

"Fuck!" I slam my hand against my desk as the access denied screen flashes. After eight hours of trying to breach The Black Crows Mafia's firewall, I still have no luck.

"No luck?" George asks from his seat on the floor next to me. He pushes some of his brown hair out of his eyes and fiddles with his laptop. "This isn't going to work."

"You're right," I close the window with a sigh and go back to sorting through my hundreds of emails. "There's no point trying to hack into their system. We have to find another way."

"Funny how you guys looked to be having so much fun at the ball, people were even speculating that you were the man that managed to win Y/N's heart," George muses. "The entire table was gossiping about it."

"Yeah, well we're enemies now," I growl. "And she won't know what's coming."

"Hola amigos!" A familiar voice says from behind us. I swivel around in my chair to face Quackity standing in the doorway wearing a bright smile. "Pack a bag! We're going to Vegas!"

"Not the time for a vacation Quackity," I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Sorry," he adjusts his beanie. "Let me rephrase that." He swipes a hand over his face, replacing the excited grin with a neutral expression.

"There is a reported threat on one of our largest warehouses in Vegas. It would be wise to head over there and check it out," he asks in a more serious tone.

"You had me at threat, tell the others."

I spring from my desk and begin throwing various clothes into a suitcase. George closes his laptop and hurries out the door after Quackity.

I lay out several different suits in shades of bright green to almost black.

Hmmm, what formal wear should I pack?

I settle on a dark green suit. As I'm folding it, a silver ring rolls out from the breast pocket.

I pick it up curiously.

It's a thick, silver band with a few glittering diamonds. I slid it onto my right middle finger.

It fits perfectly.

Must be one of mine that I left in there.

I finish packing my suitcase and run downstairs, the team already waiting for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"George pass the gummy worms."

"Fuck off. These are mine. You had yours already."

Sapnap swipes at the candy but George bats him away with a scowl.

"How much longer?" Punz groans, resting his feet on the back of the seat and twirling his blonde hair. "It feels like we've been in the air all day."

I check my watch.

"It's been around 2 hours Punz."

"See? A long time," he yawns.

We'd been flying for almost three hours now but we still had two hours to go before we landed in Las Vegas.

"Any news Quackity?" I ask the man who sits there with two laptops on the table typing away furiously.

"No, thankfully nothing yet."

I lean back in my chair with a sigh and fiddle with my rings. I decided to add more silver ones with green gemstones.