10. Caught

Dream POV

I grip the edge of the bed so tightly that my knuckles turn white as I squeeze my eyes shut.

Karl gently cleans my right calf with a cloth and a bowl of water. It's been a week since the attack and my wound was doing better but still hurts like a bitch.

"It was really deep," he remarks, gently dabbing in the area. "It's closed up a lot but you have to be careful so you won't rip your stitches."

"This can't keep happening," I groan softly as he applies a bit more pressure. "Y/N is too smart for us. She's taken out several mafia leaders on her own, outsmarted us three times, and managed to ruin my fucking month."

"Come on Dream," Sapnap says from the doorway, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed. "You're the leader of the second most powerful mafia in the world! Are you really going to let a leader one step above you treat you like shit?"

"No!" I pound my fist against the bed as Karl dries the injury and begins wrapping a clean bandage around it.

"Then prove it!" Sapnap yells. I know he's trying to hype me up and lift my spirit. And he's damn good at it.

"I will!" I stand up and quickly run out of the hospital wing.

"Be careful!" Karl yells after me. I watch him stand up and walk over to Sapnap, both of them staring into each other's eyes.

I dart around the corner before I can see anymore.

Those two are practically dating, even if they don't want to admit it.

I take the elevator to my floor and reach my office.
The sun shines brightly through the windows and it momentarily blinds me before I cover my face and lower the blinds.

Sitting at my desk, I begin to think.

How can I surprise Y/N?

She always catches me off guard, how can I do that to her?

My mind wanders to our last conversation.

"I can't tell if I'm that smart or you're just that dumb. All I know is that we're now 3-0. Don't let this be a sweep."

My fist tightens at the thought.

She's so confident. She knows that she can outsmart us every time. How can I use that against her?

"Why do you think?" she laughs as I cry out in pain. "Because I'm number one and you're number two. Bullying number three isn't fun."

"Hm, kinda?" Y/N slides to the side, avoiding the bullets while firing two of her own. "I mean number three and I are kind of friends. Taking you out would just let them take your spot."

They're friends.

What's worse than a friend betraying a friend?

My hand reaches for my phone, dialing a number I know well.

It rings for a few minutes.

"Hello?" a male voice asks in a monotone voice.

"Can I speak to the leader?" I ask, tapping my fingers on the desk.

"This is the leader," he replies in the same bored voice. "What do you want?"

"How would you like to help me take down your friend, Y/N?"

The man is silent for a bit.

"Come talk in person, address is xxxx-xxxx. Come alone."

Dream smiles.