23. End This With a Bang

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Glasses clink together under the flashing lights. The music is fainter but still quite loud.

A person downs the wine in one gulp, swiping another from the table and holding it out to their companion who sips their wine slowly.

Punz rolls his eyes and walks off, blue eyes darting around to catch a glimpse of someone.

He walks onto the dance floor and a girl is immediately thrown into his arms.

"Hiiii," she smiles, her hands running up his chest to loop around his neck. Punz smiles awkwardly and gently spins her to face another guy whom she instantly latches onto.

"This was such a dumb idea," he mutters under his breath. He glances over and sees Quackity shirtless, shaking his hips aggressively in front of a girl. "These fucks can't even dance. Why did I agree to this?"

"Because you want to help me." A hand with long fingernails grabs the side of his face and turns it around. Nails scrape against his cheek and he scowls.

"Hey Y/N," he grumbles. She smiles and releases her grip, smoothing out a few wrinkles in her dress.

"Not pleased to see me?" she fake points. "I'm offended."

Punz grumbles and places both hands on her waist as the music changes to a slower speed.

"So how'd it go with Dream?" he asks. He searches the dance floor and surrounding table but there's no sign of the mafia leader.

"He's in one of the back rooms sleeping," Y/N says, noticing him looking. "He was pretty enchanted with me I'll say, but it could have been the alcohol."

Punz scoffs and readjusts his hands' position to her back.

"He likes you Y/N. He does. He admires your skill. I know it doesn't look like it at the moment but he wants you. And you two would make an unstoppable team. And don't lie to me," he leans down to whisper in her ear. "You like him too."

Y/N frowns.

"I do. But I want to test him. Let's see how much he truly wants me. I don't want to be with another rich, entitled, spoiled, mafia chad. He has to prove to me he's not like the others. I'll put him through hell if I have to."

The blonde pushes their bodies closer so they can continue talking while the host turns up the music again.

"You don't have to do this to him. Just let him into your heart. I know they hurt you, but please, give him a chance."

Y/N pulls back from him, her hands lingering on his as her face searches his.

"You and Techno have always been my only friends from that school and I thank you for that. But you have no idea how hard it is to trust someone again."

Punz nods and slowly lets go of her hands.

"I know, I wish I could have done something sooner."

Y/N smiles.

"Don't beat yourself up over it. Just focus on what you need to do. Drista has what she needs. All you have to do is wait for my next move."

Punz smiles as he backs up into the crowd.

"I'm sure I won't have to wait long."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time for some Karlnap.

Karl shoves through dancers as he screams Sapnap's name.