36. Christmas

Merry Christmas! 🎄🎁

Dream POV

3 weeks ago

"Hey Y/N, how would you like to spend Christmas here?"

A long pause from her.

"You sure your gang would be okay with me being there? After all, I did kidnap all of you and threaten to kill you," she sighs.

"Good point," I mumble. It'd been months since that happened but my men were still uncertain about it. Especially since Punz revealed us to be dating.

"We could just hang out, the two of us," Y/N says after a moment.

Christmas was a time of togetherness and family and friends. Although my parents wouldn't be here, at least Drista still was.

"I'll try and convince them," I say, writing down a note to also invite Techno to my to-do list. "I'm sure they'll agree."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dream, no," Sapnap says firmly. "You've asked us this every day for the past two weeks. Y/N is NOT coming here for Christmas."

"Like it or not, she's my girlfriend now. And you need to stop acting like overprotective parents." I cross my arms and glare at the table of people.

Sapnap rolls his eyes.

"All in favor of Dream bringing Y//N to Christmas tomorrow?" 

Only Punz raises his hand, the same thing he'd done for the past two weeks.

"All opposed?"

The entire table raises their hand.

I growl in annoyance and stomp out of the room, my fingers already scrolling for Y/N's contact.

"This meeting is NOT dismissed," I say over my shoulder as I close the soundproof door.

The phone rings for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Come on Y/N, pick up.

Finally, she does.

"Dream?" There's the sound of crinkling paper in the background followed by her yelling.

"No! C/N! Don't play with the ribbon! Hey! Stop scratching the boxes!"

I stifle a laugh as Y/N groans. There's a loud meow followed by her triumphant laugh.

"Take that C/N!"

A door slams and Y/N's footsteps move back toward the phone.

"Sorry, what were you saying Dream?"

"I still can't convince them," I say in a defeated tone. "They still haven't forgiven you for what happened."

"That's understandable," she sighs. "Well, I really didn't expect them to say yes anyways. I've already prepared for Christmas here at the mansion. Techno's going to be here too."

"Sounds nice," I say, staring out the window at the cars sitting in front. "I just wish you could be here."

Y/N lapses back into silence and I listen as she just breathes slowly.

"It's fine Dream, there's always next year. Or New Year's, or Valentine's Day, or Easter, or anything else. I'll see you at some gathering at some point," she says. I can sense the disappointment in her voice.

"No, it's not. I was really looking forward to this
Y/N," I say. I truly was. I was practically imagining her here, unwrapping presents, and laughing with everyone.