25. Choose

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream covers his face with his arms as he runs at full speed toward the broken window.

The blast of cool air followed by the ground leaving his feet signals that his plan worked, mostly.

His body thuds to the ground as he brings himself into a roll, covering his head.

With a soft groan, Dream slowly lets go and glances around. The rest of his gang are also lying on the ground, shards of glass lie around them but at least they're all accounted for.

"Everyone okay?" he calls out and gets a few groans and yeses in response. "Good."

"Fuck," Sapnap grumbles as he finishes bandaging up George's torso. Dream rushes over to help his friend.

"Are you okay George?" 

"I'll be fine," the brunette responds weakly. "But we need to get home, now. Punz is also hurt."

"You read my mind. Quackity," he turns to the driver who holds up the keys and nods. "Let's go."

After wandering around in the faint parking lot and clicking the keys repeatedly, they finally locate the black cars.

"Oh no," Dream whispers, sprinting toward them with the rest of his men ok his tail.

"Dream!" Karl screams after him. "What is it?!"

The wind whips through his head and his feet thud against the pavement as Dream sprints toward the car and practically collapses in front of the passenger's side.

"Dream?" Sapnap asks cautiously as the group stops while he tiptoes closer. "What's wrong?"

A loud sob pierces the night as Dream's shoulder shake. Sapnap moves closer and places a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Dream?"

"They took her," Dream sobs, a hand reaching to tear off his mask as he wipes a few tears away. "Not again. I can't do this. Not again."

His chest heaves as Sapnap brushes a few fingers across the broken car window. He hesitantly opens the door and pulls out something in the backseat.

"Dream? You might want to see this."

Dream extends a shaky hand as Sapnap places a small black box in his hand.

Dream opens the black bow to reveal a smiley face mask pendant on a silver chain. He smiles as he notices Drista's awkward handwriting on the note.

Dear Dream,

Thought I'd get you this as a present the day I went shopping. You're maid's been keeping this for a while but I decided to give it to you tonight.

I hope you like it!

Drista

Dream smiles but Sapnap coughs and hands him another black box, this one with a silver pair of wings on it.

Dream growls, low and deep in his throat as he nearly crushed the box with his hand.

A cough from behind makes him turn around. George holds his stomach as a dribble of blood flows down his chin.

"Dream! We need to get him back, NOW!" Bad panics.

"Right!" Dream tucks the box into his pocket and grabs the keys. "Let's go. We'll figure out how to get Drista back at home."

The Nightmare Mafia piles into the cars and immediately speed down the road.

"Why would Y/N take Drista?!" Dream yells. "She literally helped save her!"