51. Old Friends

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Around 8:00 am is when a sleek black car pulls up in front of Corpse's mansion.

The four guards on duty exchange glances, daring each other to check the car. One of them finally agreed and slowly walks toward the vehicle.

His gloved hand grasps the gun at his belt.

His three companions all get ready to grab their weapons too.

The first guard peers into the window and withdraws slightly in surprise at the female sitting behind the wheel.

"Uh, can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Corpse," she states in a firm tone.

"Corpse Husband?"

She nods.

The guard looks back at the others.

"Call Corpse right away. Tell him there's someone here to see him."

A different guard gets on the phone and walks away.

"So why do you want to see him?" The guard asks, confirming it isn't just someone who is lost. His eyes scan the inside of the car for any weapons or suspicious items.

"We're old friends," she simply says, tossing her hair off her shoulder.

The guard on the phone returns and taps his friend on the shoulder.

"Corpse has given us permission to let her in." He turns to Y/N. "Can we have your name?"

"I'll tell him it when I see him," Y/N says. She steps out of the car and hands the keys to one of them.

"Wait," the guards stop her. "We have a strict search policy for guests entering the mansion."

"That's understandable," Y/N says. She calmly slides off her jacket and hands it to one of them for inspection. She raises her arms and watches the guards awkwardly avert their gazes.

Maybe changing before coming would have been a good idea.

Her top is only covered by the black leather bandeau bra from before but the ripped black jeans are luckily high-waisted.

One guard walks around her, not touching her, just examining her for weapons.

"You're good to go," he remarks. The other guard tosses her jacket over with a satisfied nod.

Y/N slides the jacket back over her body and flashes the man a smile.

She starts to make her way up the steps.

"Wait, let someone escort you," one of them says.

"That's alright," Y/N waves her hand at them. "I've been here before."

Her combat boots click against the stone steps and she walks toward the open doors with a smirk.

"You should stay out here and do your job," she lowers her voice as she steps inside. "Because apparently, you can't do it well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unlike her mansion, Corpse's mansion has very different decor. The walls and floors are all jet black with silver accents. Trails of silver run up the walls, ending in ornate patterns on the ceiling.

She catches glimpses of the furniture which all have dark cushions.

Corpse's office is on the second floor, directly in the center. She doesn't take the elevator, opting for the stairs instead.