19. Secrets Revealed

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream gently knocks on the door and waits patiently for an answer.

"Who is it?" Drista asks hesitantly, her hands grip the blankets tightly and she buries herself deeper within, her eyes trained on the door.

"It's Dream," he assures softly. "I brought you breakfast, can I come in?"

There's a pause before her answer comes.

"Okay."

Dream slowly twists the knob and swings the door open slowly to not startle her. His eyes immediately go to her huddle form on the bed, lying in a fetal position under the covers.

He takes quiet, small steps toward her, watching the small twitches and movements she makes carefully.

The tray is set down on the white-painted side table next to the bed while Dream slowly leans down to sit on the edge next to Drista.

She lets out a small whimper and buries herself farther into the white duvet.

"It's okay," Dream whispers, his hand moving to stroke her hair. "I'm not going to hurt you. You're safe now."

Drista showy lifts her head and her green eyes meet his.

"I'm sorry," she mumbles. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Dream smiles warmly. "It's not your fault."

He opens his arms and Drista slowly crawls onto his lap. He wraps his arms tightly around her small frame.

After a few minutes of just basking in each other's presence, Dream eventually coaxes her to eat.

Drista slowly eats the pancakes while continuously glancing around at the doors and windows. Dream watches with a broken expression.

She used to be so fearless and brave. This will live with her forever.

The thought of losing his carefree sister makes his heart ache.

"Dream?" A head pokes around the door and Drista screams, diving back under the blanket. Dream shushes her quietly, running her back through the fabric.

"What is it Sapnap?"

"You're due for a meeting in 10 minutes," he informs.

Dream nods and gives Drista a gentle pat.

"I'll be right there."

Sapnap nods, his eyes fixed on Drista with a concerned expression.

"I have to go now," Dream whispers. "I'll be back soon okay?"

Drista nods, still hidden as Dream gets up and closes the door silently behind him.

After he's gone, Drista carefully pokes her head back out and sits up with a small sigh, finishing her food.

Her phone rings beside her and she cautiously picks up it.

Unknown.

Her fingers tremble as she answers the unknown caller.

"Hello?"

"Hey, how are you doing?" someone asks.

Drista relaxes with a smile.

"I'm doing good, much better now but I still can't shake that feeling."

"Yeah, it's going to be that way for a while," they respond. "Just make the best of it."

"I will," Drista grins. "I want to get back out to do stuff."

"I know you do, take it easy okay?"

Drista fiddles with the side buttons of the phone out of habit.