62. My Fault

Tw: Death, s assault???? (Almost)

Dream POV

I try to stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks as I stare at Y/N's body in Schlatt's hands.

The one pair of hands that should not be holding my fiancé

"You know you two had a good run," Schlatt muses. "But all good things must come to an end eventually."

"How?" I manage to get out, wiping the streams of salty water rolling down my face.

"How did I finally beat her? Well, let me tell you a little story."

Schlatt shifts Y/N so she's pressed against him, the barrel of the gun still resting on her forehead. He smirks and swipes his left thumb over her cheek.

My blood boils and I retrain myself from running over and ripping his hands off.

"A long time ago, we dated. After she finished high school to be exact. Why you may ask? Because, I've always had my eye on her. She's a very beautiful girl. And as heir to the Black Crowd Mafia? She would be the perfect match. She dated my son Andrew for a while but that wasn't close enough for me."

"But I thought her father would never let any man close to her!" I recall Max telling me that night. "But he let all those men date her without consent and you!"

"It was after me that he stopped," Schlatt's grin grew wider and wider as he speaks. As if the memory was something he cherished. "He wanted to marry her off as soon as she left high school. But soon he realized that no man would ever truly love her. Because," he pauses and looks down at Y/N. "That's all women are good for: sex and housework."

No.

That's not true.

Not at all.

I clench my fists tighter and try to suppress the growl I want to let out.

"So when Andrew and her didn't work out. I made her father a deal."

Schlatt rests his left hand on Y/N's chest and I almost lunge at him, almost.

No one touches her that way.

No one but me.

"He'd let me take her as my girlfriend. And in return," he holds up one finger to emphasize his point. "I'd give him access to one of the most secure banks in the world. Which of course allowed him to pull off one of the biggest bank heists in the history of Switzerland. Also gaining his mafia an insane amount of wealth, ranking them as number 1 worldwide."

Schlatt stops taking and lets out a growl.

"But Y/N plotted against me. Her, Techno, and Corpse," he spits out the last name like it was rotten fruit. "Raided my mansion. They set it on fire and my face was burned so badly that I needed to get surgery to create an entirely new one. At least Corpse's face also got burned."

He smirks and I remember Corpse's red eyes.

No human eyes are red.

Are they really his eyes?

"I thought Corpse was my ally. Especially since he joined me after I offered payment. I should have known you," he shakes Y/N's limp body. "Were plotting against me once again."

"Y/N beat you all those times. Why did she lose now?" I question.

Schlatt's scowl turns into a grin.

"Well, I learned something very important that night. I couldn't beat her. Like physically. I would always hit her, kick her, and punch her, during our time together. But not once did I ever manage to break her bones. So," he smiles. "That night. I decided to test something. I used a very small taser in her during that fight."