29. Safe

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Thank you for playing my last game."

Dream watches with his mouth dropped open in absolute shock as Y/N leaves. He lifts his right hand which is now holding a small, metal key. It's silver with a few black scribbles on the handle.

What?

Why?

His mind is spinning. His lips still feel like they're on fire from the kiss.

But he wastes no time. Within a few seconds, the shackles are off and he's running out the door.

He sprints into the hallway and squints at the bright light. The white walls with gold details reflect the light so much it momentarily blinds him.

Where would Drista be kept?

His eyes dart to the living room where he first met Y/N. There she is, sitting on the couch. She lets out a loud sniffle as tears roll down her cheeks.

Her hand grabs another tissue and she presses it to her face.

Dream rushes over and wraps his sister in a warm embrace.

"Dream?" Drista whispers. Her hands hesitantly reach up to hug him. "I thought you were dead!
Y/N pointed the gun at you and then you just collapsed. We all thought she killed you. Everyone thought you died."

"No, no, no," he whispers back, his hand gently caressing her back. "She let me go. Come on, we need to get out of here."

"She, she let you go?" Drista asks, her eyes still brimming with tears. Dream swipes a thumb underneath her eyes to brush a few stray tears away. "Why?"

"I don't know, my mind is still trying to process it. But we need to get out of here, now."

Drista nods and grabs Dream's hands tightly.

The siblings make their way through the long hallways and somehow don't see a single guard, servant, or even Y/N.

Strange.

Dream throws open the front door and pulls Drista along after him, inhaling a deep breath of the fresh air.

I thought I would never feel this again.

She gave me a chance at life.

Why?

Why has she been playing games with me?

Why— why did she kiss me?

Why am I in love with her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N presses herself against the wall as she watches Dream and Drista run through the halls of the mansion. 

All her maids, servants, and guards are crowded behind her. One of the guards trips his companion and he almost lets out a laugh but Y/N holds up her hand to silence them.

Finally, after minutes of aimless running, the two of them reach the front door and run outside.

Y/N unlocks her phone and swipes to Lisa's contact.

"They're on their way," she whispers. "Move out."

"Already on it," is Lisa's reply before she hangs up.

Y/N is already dialing the next person.

"Niki?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Dream and Drista are leaving the mansion as we speak. In a few minutes, they'll pick up the rest of the mafia and presumably head home. I suggest you move."

"Alright," Niki sighs. There's the sound of footsteps in the background and the clanking of the safes being closed.

"Hey, Niki?" Y/N taps her fingers on the wall, peering out the window trying to spot Dream. "Did you knock them out?"

"Two out of the three," she says. "Punz didn't want to be knocked out so he's kinda just laying here like a dead fish."

Niki walks over to him and kicks him lightly which makes him scowl.

"Fuck you," he grumbles out.

"Leave the cash Niki, I'll give Dream a break this time."

"Awwww, how sweet," she giggles. "But I do feel bad for the guy."

The call ends and Y/N dials the last person.

"Techno? You need to move out of there. Dream is going home right now."

"Oh yeah we dipped a long time ago," Techno says. There's the roar of engines in the background. "We just tied up the guards and knocked out the parents. Dream can't get here in time to do anything. I'm heading to California now."

"Tommy stop!" Phil yells in the background. Techno laughs as Tommy grabs the steering wheel out of Phil's hands and rolls the plane into a barrel roll.

"Let me try!" Wilbur lunges forward and pushes Phil aside while trying to grab the controls from Tommy.

"NO!" Tommy wrenches it away which of course, makes the plane swerve a hard left. Wilbur manages to pry Tommy's fingers off the black foam handles and yanks it to the left which makes the plane swerve in the opposite direction.

"We're going off course!" Phil yells. "Stop it both of you!"

Techno grips the side of the seat for support and chuckles as Phil grabs the controls and shoos the two boys out of the cockpit.

"I have to go now Y/N. But I must applaud you. Your plan worked like a charm. And it was fun to execute."

"That was the idea," Y/N says with a smile. "Thank you for your help."

"Anytime N/N."

Techno hangs up and Y/N slips the phone back into her pocket.

She turns to the guards and servants still crowded behind her.

"Dismissed."

They shuffle back to their duties and wander off as Y/N climbs the stairs back to her bedroom.

She throws open the massive balcony doors and lets the Florida sun cascade onto her.

"You played well Dream," she says to no one except the sky. "I think we'll call this one a draw."

A few birds flit overhead and land on the rooftops.

"You've proven that you care more about others than yourself. You passed my test."

Her hand reaches for her phone and finds Dream's contact where she types a quick message.

The games are over. We'll call it a draw.

"I'm finally ready to let you into my heart."

——————————————————————————————

1,010 words

Manifesting a Dream Team Christmas stream.

I will actually cry if it doesn't happen.

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!