44. Show You Mean It

I'm thinking of just doing a chapter on Y/N's birthday and skipping Dream's if that's okay.

I've put these poor characters through so much lmao. They still have to fight Schlatt but let's let their romance bloom for a bit.

Just curious, would you guys want an angst ending? Because I have some good ideas for one :)

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream twirls the pen through his hair and frowns, squinting at the black page. The only thing written on the small notebook is the number one. The page is titled 'Valentines Day'.

"Hey Dream?" A soft knock on the door interrupts his thought and he swivels his chair around. George stands in the doorway of his office with a hand resting on the open door. "You got a minute?"

"Yeah," Dream exhales and places the pen down, glad to have a reason to take a break.
"What's up?"

George's face falls into a frown and he breathes out slowly.

"I've been hearing rumors," he begins. "Rumors about Schlatt. He's trying to forge massive alliances by paying off mafias. He's after us and Y/N, I presume."

Dream hums quietly, saying nothing for a few seconds. George waits too, watching his face carefully.

"We need to be careful," Dream says finally. "I need you to install extra security cameras inside and around the mansion. Even do some in the trees surrounding us. Make sure everyone knows about the danger we're in."

George nods and stands up but catches a glimpse of what Dream's writing.

"Can't think of anything for Y/N?"

The leader shakes his head and turns back to the blank list.

"Look," the brunette fiddles with his fingers as he stands up, backing toward the door. "Do something special, something she would really enjoy. Don't just shower her with expensive gifts. Make the moment memorable. Show her that you love her."

Dream doesn't say anything, doesn't even turn around but just hums in response.

George takes that as his cue and leaves, shutting the door quietly behind.

As George's footsteps leave, Dream glances up and stress out the window at the city.

How can I show it?

You have everything, what can I give you that you want?

(HINT HINT READERS. WHAT DO YOU WANT DREAM TO GET YOU?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is not good Y/N," Techno says as he slaps a wad of papers onto Y/N's desk. "Two mafias we can handle. Schlatt's mafia we can handle. Half the mafias in America plus Schlatt, we cannot."

"I know that okay!" Y/N throws up her hands and begins pacing. "But what am I supposed to do? Dream is planning something for Valentine's Day in a week and us skipping around on a date isn't exactly the safest."

"Then tell him no," Techno replies simply. He crosses his arms over his chest and sits on the edge of her desk. "Or spend time with him at home? It's not safe right now. I know you're good. But even you can be outnumbered, especially by a surprise attack."

"I can't do that to him," Y/N groans as she buries her face in her hands. "Drista told me how much he's been preparing. She said that I'm his first true love, and I want to make sure it's special."

"Well a Valentine's date where one or both of you end up dead is not the most romantic," Techno scoffs. "My suggestion? Tell him, then stay home."

Y/N growls softly under her breath and says nothing.