57. True Love

Dream POV

I open my eyes as a bright light fills my vision. I squeeze them shut again and sigh.

My brain slowly recounts the events that I can remember.

The date.

The attack.

Getting knocked out.

Y/N.

My eyes fly open in a panic as I shoot up from the bed.

I'm in a decently nice bedroom with black furniture. The four poster bed has large swathes of black fabric that drape down, hanging over my head.

I notice that my right arm has some bandages and a few bandaids above been placed on my fingers.

I notice my clothes from before have been laid out and neatly folded on the bed in front of me.

I lift the covers and notice that I'm into in my boxers. My cheeks begin to feel hot as I think of whoever has me and what they saw.

I quickly dress in the suit and adjust my tie before slowly opening the door, listening for anyone.

The hallway has black floors and black walls with silver accents trailing around.

It's silent.

With one more look around, I quietly step out and close the door behind me.

Now where is the exit?

I pass numerous rooms that look the same.

A few servants bustle around but pay no attention to me.

As I come to the end of a hallway, I begin to hear voices.

Moving closer I begin to recognize the people.

"What a great way to end my birthday," Y/N says, sarcasm dripping from her voice. I quicken my pace, my breathing becoming heavier as I break into a sprint.

"It's a mafia world, what did you expect?" Techno's voice grumbles. "Besides, I thought it was kinda fun."

"For you," a deep voice rasps out. "I would rather not get caught."

Silence falls as Dream's footsteps begin to patter against the titles floor.

"That was intense," a familiar voice says. "I forgot what it was like to go solo."

I'm about to open the door when I hear a very familiar giggle.

"Did you see Dream's face? He—"

Hearing my name, I put my foot on the double doors and kick them open with all my might.

Inside in a long conference table with many chairs. Five figures stand around the table and look up as I enter.

My gaze first lands in Y/N and I dash toward her, wrapping my arms around her tightly.

"Owww," she whispers quietly and I notice she's wearing a black tank top with white bandages wrapped around her side.

I bury my face into her hair and smile.

Looking up I find four pairs of eyes fixed curiously on us.

Techno smirks at us while the man standing beside him wearing all black looks on with confusion.

"What is going on here?" I ask.

I watch all of them exchange glances.