26. Plans and Lies

Punz POV

Dream slumps over the table, his head resting in his hands. The rest of us sit around him, just staring at each other.

It was rare for Dream is ever act like this. We already had to sit through a very brief, but very angry phone call between him and his parents.

Something about them abandoning Drista and going back to Miami.

"Dream," Sapnap says softly, breaking the silence. He stands up and strides over, placing a hand on the mafia leader's shoulder. "Come on. We need a plan. If you want to get her back, we need to think of something."

"What do you think I'm TRYING TO DO?!" Dream yells, his head shooting up from the table to meet Sapnap's eyes before falling down again. His eyes are filled with tears.

Sapnap looks shocked at his sudden outburst but says nothing and calmly walks back to his seat.

"I just don't know what to do," Dream grumbles, his voice muffled. "Y/N's threatening to kill my parents if I choose to save Drista, and I need to go alone. But if I leave, she'll attack here. She kept claiming that there's a traitor among us."

Why do you make my life so much harder Y/N?

"She might be tricking you," I speak up. "Think about it. If she gets you not to trust anyone, you'll take us all with you on the mission and it will leave the mansion unguarded."

"That's, true," Dream mutters, his face still hidden. "But what if I did go alone? Then what? How could I get Drista back?"

Silence falls as we all try to come up with a solution.

"Leave some people here and bring the others?" Sam suggests. "You'll need backup Dream. This could be a trap."

Dream lets out a long, drawn-out sigh and lifts his head finally.

His eyes are red and slightly puffy. Sapnap walks over and hands him a tissue that he uses to blot his eyes.

"Punz, Skeppy, and Karl, you'll stay behind to watch over the mansion. I'll take everyone else and they'll wait in the car for my signal. Stay hidden, understood?"

We all nod and I can't help but smile.

Sweet. This will be useful.

"Dream, what if we get caught?" George asks meekly. "If Y/N really wants us to play this game, we have to play by her rules."

"We won't get caught if you're careful," Dream hisses. "I'm getting her back, even if I have to go in guns blazing."

I watch in silence as Dream takes heavy, slow breaths, trying to calm himself.

"Is that all?" Sapnap asks after a few minutes of silence.

Dream nods with a wave of his hand.

"Alright meeting dismissed, we'll prepare to leave tomorrow morning." Dream stands up and quickly walks out as the rest of us shuffle out the door.

I quickly stand up from my chair and run upstairs to my room, carefully locking the door behind me.

Once I'm sure I'm alone, I shoot Y/N a quick text.

Found some information that will be pretty useful for your plan.

I'm listening.

Dream is planning to leave me, Skeppy, and Karl behind to watch the mansion while he takes the rest of the gang undercover to rescue Drista tomorrow.

After a few seconds, the typing icon begins before Y/N writes back.

That is very useful indeed. Expect the unexpected tomorrow. I'm planning to make Dream choose: family, love, power and wealth, or friends.