47. Valentines Day: Part 3

3rd Person Omniscient POV

The sun shines down through a break in the trees. A table for two has been set up in the middle of a clearing. A rose arch is placed over the table and heart-shaped balloons in red, pink, and white are tied to the chairs.

Both chairs have red cushions with gold accents and the tablecloth is white with gold trim.

A case full of roses sits in the center and Neal has already been laid out on the table.

"It's amazing," Y/N smiles. Her fingers creep upward to hold onto Dream's arms. "Kinda cliche but I'll take it."

Dream lets out a breath and covers it with a laugh.

"I tried."

He takes her hand in his, guiding her to the table. Her red dress swishes around her feet as they glide across the forest floor.

"How did you find this place?" she asks as he pulls out the chair to help her into the seat.

"Hmmm," Dream plucks a flower from the vase and puts it behind her ear. His fingers tenderly slide back her Y/H/C which has been curled into waves. "You took me to your special spot on our first date, it's only fair I take you to mine."

"Wow," Y/N places a hand on her chest and he notices that within the deep v-neck, a diamond-shaped heart necklace rests there. "So romantic."

He flicks her forehead lightly but grins.

"I could have just offered a night of Netflix instead?"

Y/N delicately takes the pink cloth napkin and unfolds it, spreading it on her lap. She glances down with a smile to notice the little red hearts stitched onto the corners.

He really thought of everything.

"I would have liked that equally. I don't care how we spend Valentine's Day, as long as it's with you."

Dream grins at her again, feeling like a little kid impressing his crush.

"So cheesy."

His fingers tremble as they reach for the gleaming silver pitcher.

"No wine right now, I still have something else planned."

He grabs the two empty glasses, each with gold trimmings on the rim, and pours a bright red liquid into both.

Y/N takes the glass and balances it hesitantly between her fingers. Her red nails grip the glass as she peers into it.

"Fruit punch," Dream says as if reading her thoughts. He takes a sip of the liquid and smiles. "Thought the color was appropriate for today."

Y/N's face breaks into a smile and she laughs.

"I think so too."

The blond leaves the table to grab something from a later basket and returns with a silver platter.

"Would you care for some heart-shaped sandwiches?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now I'm glad we didn't have wine before this," Y/N laughs. Dream glances out the passenger's window and back at his girlfriend.

"Y/N, are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Of course it is," she says, he notices the wicked grin spreading across her face. "I want to have some fun."

Dream lets out a loud sigh and adjusts his smiley face mask. The two of them hopped right into the car and drove off as soon as Y/N suggested the idea.