31. First Date

You guys have been waiting for this very patiently so I think you deserve it now

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream pushes racks of clothes aside and grumbles to himself softly.

"Dream?" Sapnap's voice comes from his bedroom.

Dream pokes his head out of his walk-in closet.

"I'm in here!"

His friend smiles and walks in, holding a plate of bacon, eggs, and toast.

"You never came down for breakfast and it's almost 10:30."

Dream's eyes widen as he glances at his new watch. Indeed, it was 10:28.

"Fuck!"

He starts frantically throwing clothes around. Several pairs of shoes tumble down from the shelves and a box falls as well, spilling silver and gold rings everywhere.

"Woah dude, chill." Sapnap sets the tray down and starts scooping up the fallen items. "What's wrong?"

Dream pauses to glance at his friend which is when Sapnap finally gets a good look at him.

His hair is slightly damp and falls over his eyes. His pupils are so large that only a sliver of green remains around the edges and he's panting slightly. The towel which had previously been wrapped around his waist had fallen to the ground, exposing his... lower region.

Sapnap's eyes wander down and widen quickly. Dream notices and his face flushes red before he hurries to cover himself and shove Sapnap out.

"OUT! GET OUT!"

Sapnap bursts into laughter as Dream hastily wraps the towel around himself, pushing his friend with all his might.

Sapnap doubles over and continues cackling, falling to the floor as Dream still tries to push him.

"Oh, dude— I can't breathe— HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Sapnap wheezes out.

"Dude what the HELL?!" Dream struggles to push him but eventually gives up and starts rooting through his clothing again.

"At least you're a decent size," Sapnap chokes out before Dream chuckles a black dress show in his direction.

After finally composing himself, Sapnap gets back to his feet and helps Dream sort through the mess.

"Where are you even going?"

Dream's face flushed red with embarrassment as he stutters out an excuse.

"Was going to check on the warehouses and meet with a potential client over coffee."

Sapnap raises his eyebrow and frowns slightly.

"Alone?"

"Yes Snapmap, alone," Dream grins. He finally finds a pair of black jeans and a white T-shirt.

"Dream," Sapnap says in a more serious tone. "Be careful."

Dream scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Don't worry about me. Just help me pick sometime casual to wear."

Sapnap hums in response and gets up to start looking. Dream tugs on the clothes and picks a few random silver and gold rings on the floor.

These should be good.

"Here!" Sapnap throws something at Dream and the hanger whacks him in the head.

"Ow!" The dirty blond rubs his head and groans, slipping the article of clothing off the hanger and inspecting it. "Didn't know I had this," he muses.