46. Valentine's Day: Part 2

Dream POV

The words tumble out of my mouth as the same ones leave hers.

"You look amazing," I quickly say. My hand extends out to reach for hers. I feel her slightly sweaty hand wrap around mine.

She's nervous too.

"You look amazing too," she echos.

A cough from behind her makes me look up. Techno stands in the doorway, arms crossed with a smile.

"You two have fun," he says with a smirk.

"Thanks, Techno," Y/N says as I lead her toward the car.

As the car pulls out of the driveway, I see her adjusting the silver tiara in the mirror.

"So back to your place?" she finally asks. I let out a hum in response and keep my eyes on the road.

"That's all I can say, love," I smile. "Today's a surprise."

The rest of the ride is silent as we cruise through the streets of Florida. Every few seconds, I glance over my shoulder at Y/N.

Her eyes gaze listlessly out the window, watching the people, cars, and buildings whiz past.

My eyes travel downward to the top of her red dress. The top is beautiful but what surprises me is the deep V neckline showing an extreme amount of cleavage.

"New dress?" I ask. Her head turns to me and her hand drops to pull it up a bit.

"Yeah, it's not really something I would wear though—"

Realizing where this conversation is going, I quickly place one hand on hers and give it a gentle squeeze.

"It looks great on you," I assure. I flash her a warm smile and she smiles back. "I think you should wear something like this more often."

"Flattering," she responds, getting back into our usual banter."

"It's hard to flatter you sometimes, I always think other men have already told u the same things."

Y/N shakes her with a slight laugh.

"Coming from you, it just hits differently."

"Yes!" I lift my arms up with a cheer and accidentally press my foot a little hard on the gas, causing the car to jolt forward.

After I tap on the brakes, easing to a stop at a red light. I turn to my right and sheepishly grin at Y/N who is frowning with displeasure.

"I'm a mafia leader," I scoff. "You think I'm a safe driver? I ran over a cop on my way to see you one day."

"Well if you kill yourself it's fine but I would prefer not to be killed, thank you very much," Y/N shoots back.

"Stop your complaining, we're here."

The black car pulls onto the gate and stops in front of my mansion. I climb out of the driver's seat and open the door for Y/N.

"M'lady," I extend a hand for her and she flicks my forehead.

"I can do it by myself."

I roll my eyes, watching the red fabric float out of the car and ripple in the wind behind her.

"Here." I reach my hands forward to brush away her hair and wrap a red blindfold around her eyes.

"Dream—"

My lips stop hers from moving and I grasp her hand tightly.

"I have a surprise for you. You need to trust me, okay?" My voice has dropped to a whisper and I feel her shiver with excitement.