43. Hurt So Much

And Y/N's birthday is March 21st!

This actually happens to work perfectly with the timeline. I was looking at all the birthdays like "oh god, January, December, and November all passed recently. I gotta wait a whole year. Why August? Dream's birthday still needs to get celebrated too. Two birthdays in one month, how am I supposed to do this?"

I'm glad fate chose March because I just had a really good idea for that month :)

Back to the story!

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"JUST LET ME SEE HER!"

Dream thrashes in the guards' grasp as the four of them try to hold him back.

"I'M HER BOYFRIEND! YOU LET HER EX IN THERE!"

"This is his mansion," the guard replies sternly, his black-gloved hands wrapping around Dream's shoulders as he shoves him away. Two guards hold both his arms behind his back and the third stands protectively in front of the door. "He can go wherever he wants."

The door opens and Techno steps out with a solemn look. Dream dashes the door but he catches him by the wrist, pulling him back.

"LET ME SEE MY GIRLFRIEND!" Dream demands.

"Now is not the time," Techno grips his arm tighter and starts dragging him down the hall.

"At least tell me how she's doing," Dream grumbles.

"She's undergoing surgery right now but they said the bullet was wedged pretty deep. It may have punctured her stomach but we're not sure."

Dream's eyes fill with with tears again and he turns his head away. Techno stops, noticing his distress, and brings him into a comforting hug.

He tenses at the contact but eventually wraps his arms around the other.

"Y/N is strong Dream," Techno whispers into his ear as his hands run his back soothingly. "I know you love her and are worried about her but she can handle a lot, she's been through way more than you know."

"What if she doesn't wake up?" Dream sobs. "I finally found love, I can't lose it now!"

"She will, give her time," Techno assures as he releases Dream from the hug. "Let's wait until she's done with surgery and then you can see her, okay? Come back tomorrow morning."

Dream nods and sniffles slightly.

"Now hippity hoppity, get off my property," Techno says in a completely monotone voice but his eyes twinkle with amusement.

Dream tries to suppress a smile but it creeps itself onto his face anyways. It transforms into a wheeze as he laughs for the first time in 12 hours.

"Thank you, I need that," he smiles. Techno gives him a small wave and smiles in return. "Anytime."