30. Late Night Calls

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"You should have let me reveal myself!" Punz whisper yells into his phone. Y/N laughs on the receiving end and leans forward on the railing of her balcony.

The moon is full and bright, casting a glow on the silent city below.

"That would ruin my plans for later," she laughs.

"What plans for later?!" Punz demands. "You planned to test him to see if his heart was good. Now that you know that, you'll finally let him have a go. What is there left to plan against him?"

"Oh really," Y/N scoffs. "So you're going to deny that you like being a secret agent?"

Punz stays silent.

"And you're going to deny that you don't want to play some pranks on Dream?" she asks with a smirk.

Punz scowls and grumbles something under his breath.

"What was that Punz? I didn't quite hear you. I think the wind's a bit loud," she teases. There was not even a breeze that night.

"Fuck you," he spits out finally, hanging up.

Y/N laughs and places her phone on the balcony's edge.

"Creative and original insult."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream smiles as he closes his email box for the day. 1,467 emails later and he was done.

He glances at his watch.

12:17.

Damn, I worked late.

His sleep clothes are already laid out on the bed. A white T-shirt, gray sweatpants, and a black hoodie.

He heads into the bathroom for a nice warm bath.

The white tub is big enough for him to almost lie down completely and has multiple golden taps to fill it up quickly.

Dream starts the water and picks up various soaps and scents to read the labels. His fingers curl around the bottle.

"Hmmm, orange and lavender," he mutters. "Ehh."

Dream shrugs and squeezes some into the water before turning up the pressure.

The bath soon fills with foamy white bubbles and the scent of oranges fills his nose.

"That's strong," he comments but slips under the water anyways. The lavender scent is much fainter than the orange but it smells amazing as a combination.

Dream leans back against the wall of the tube and smiles, closing his eyes.

"This is nice. Just what I needed."

His peaceful relaxation is interrupted by the buzz of his phone vibrating on the edge of the bathtub. Dream groans and grabs it, squinting at the contact.  

Y/N.

What the fuck could she possibly want?

He scowls but decides to answer.

"What?"

"Wow, not even a hello?" Y/N's playful voice rings through.

"Fine, hello my enemy how are you? I'm doing great except for the bit where you threatened to destroy my life if I didn't meet your demands," Dream shoots back sarcastically.

"But I didn't," Y/N says. There's the rustling sound of wind on her side of the phone.

"Are you running through a forest or something? Because if so, I hope you trip and break your neck."