42. Happy New Year

I'm planning on doing a birthday chapter for Y/N so comment when you want to make her birthday. It can be your actual birthday or just a birthday you think would be nice. (Y/N will be turning 22, she is born in 2001).

After 24 hours, I'll spin a wheel and pick one at random. If no one gives me suggestions, I'll pick a random date.

Dream POV

"The signal!" I hear someone yell and there's the unmistakable sound of a firework going off. I look up and see a large gold and purple firework blooming like a flower over the dance floor.

My eyes follow the trail of gray smoke to the bartender who is holding a rocket launcher with a smile. He fires two more, one red, one white.

The flaming sparks fall on the guests and panicked screams erupt. As the sparks hit the ground, I notice that they're actually small grenades that explode in contact.

Black smoke fills my vision and I hear people stumbling around and screaming in the darkness. Someone steps on my foot and a hand smacks me in the face.

"Y/N!" I scream, desperately reaching through the haze to find her. I feel warm fingers interlock with mine and I'm tugged away.

I allow myself to be pulled away until my back is pressed against a wall. The sound of fireworks doesn't stop and the only things visible are the faint lights of fire.

"Here," I feel a gun being pressed into my hand and I reach out for her but her hand leaves mine. "Stay here."

Footsteps rapidly approach me before I collide with another person. I lift the gun to shoot but I hear a familiar 'ow'.

"Sapnap!" I yell and he tackles me into a hug.

"Found you!" he yells. The ground thunders beneath us and I recognize more footsteps approaching. "Hey guys I found—"

It feels as though I've been run over by a herd of wild animals. One by one, bodies crash into us, sending all of us to the floor.

"OW!" Punz yells as I hear a crack. "WHO JUST KICKED ME?!"

"Get offffff!" George whines. "You're squishing me!"

"Guys could whoever is lying on top of me, could you kindly move please?" I hear Bad ask.

"It's me," I hear Skeppy's voice say.

"Could the dumbass who just elbowed me in the nose FUCKING MOVE!" Quackity yells.

"Sorry, I don't know about you but I can't see anything," Sam shoots back sarcastically.

These idiots.

"Sorry Dream," Sapnap mumbles, and I feel him struggling to get off of me. "We tried to stay together so they followed me and I guess we all ran into you."

"Who's this?" Karl asks. I hear a chuckle from Sapnap.

"Me!"

"Oh, I guess we can stay in this position for a while."

I scramble away from the two until my head collides with the edge of the table. Throughout all of this, gunshots and fireworks continue to go off but the black smoke hides everything from view.

The two of them giggle and I feel around on the floor for the gun I dropped.

A loud, high-pitched scream interrupts my thoughts and I scramble to my feet. My hand feels around in my jacket for my gun as I load it.