48. Valentine's Day: Part 4

3rd Person Omniscient POV

The waves lap at the sand, leaving a wavy line of white foam. The sun is just beginning to set over the blue waterline. The yellow circle burns bright in the sky with hints of orange and red peeking out from the edges. The light brown sand is smooth under their feet.

"Look another one!" Dream chuckles in amusement as Y/N bends down to grab another shell. This one is a pale pink, fading to white around the edges and speckled with large brown dots. It's in the shape of a cone and spirals up to a point.

Her fingers wrap around it and run up and down its polished surface. They eventually find their way inside, brushing against the glossy interior.

"Is that one a keeper?" he asks. Y/N nods and proudly places the shell in Dream's hands which are threatening to spill the shiny trinkets to the ground.

Y/N skips along the beach, moving farther and farther ahead of her boyfriend.

"Hey! Wait up!" Dream continues his walking pace, not wanting to drop the shells which Y/N seems particularly fond over.

"I saw something!" she calls over her shoulder.

Dream lets out a chuckle as she squats in the sand to examine something in the sand.

He definitely didn't regret taking her to the beach. Neither of them had changed, leaving her in the scarlet dress and him in the suit. Just a few grains of sand had found their way into his white suit but he couldn't care less.

Finally catching up to her, Dream smiles to see the beach littered with nests of white eggs. A few small turtles are already crawling to the ocean.

"Oh, they finally hatched!" He sits down on the sand beside Y/N and sets the shells down in a neat pile.

"Wait what?" Y/N takes another glance at the turtles and furious her eyebrows. "You knew they were here?"

"Yeah!" His arm snakes around her and pulls her against his side. "This is my private beach remember? A mother turtle came and laid eggs a few months ago. Since no one comes here except us, the turtles can hatch without any human interference."

Sapnap had texted, saying the beach was already set up for them. Dream drove back to the mansion and led Y/N down the stone steps to their private beach white spanned 2 miles of gorgeous sand in each direction.

"Not animal interference though," Y/N frowns and he follows her gaze up to the circling seagulls overhead. Their white bellies flash in the sunlight and their squawking grows louder and louder as a few land nearby.

"Yeah," Dream sighs as one seagull swoops down to grab a baby turtle but it luckily ducks inside its eggshell again. "We're not allowed to help them, they need to make it on their own. We have to let nature take its course."

Y/N lets out a soft growl as another seagull makes a dive.

"They have to get to the ocean on their own, but these seagulls aren't making it easier."

Dream reaches for her hand but she already stands up, the seagulls scattering at her movements.

"Love," Dream grabs her hand and pulls her back down. "We can't help."

She lets out a frustrated growl and sits back down.

The two each in silence as more eggs begin to crack, light brownish-green heads poking out.