35. Better Than You

Mention of r***

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"That's Schlatt?" Dream breathes out.

"Yes," Y/N sighs, her hand releasing his. "But he's changed a lot, physically I mean. Mentally, he's the same sick bastard!"

Her hand tightens around her pen and throws it against the wall. It shatters on contact, the dark ink splattering everywhere.

Dream's eyes widen and he reaches over to grab her hand gently. His thumb passes over her knuckles as he softly caressed them.

"I fought him many times before," he whispers, his head resting on her shoulder. "He's the only mafia leader I've fought that's beat me."

"And me," she reminds him. Dream scoffs and wraps his arms around her throat jokingly.

"We'll change that."

"Well unfortunately this makes you and I targets for Schlatt so keep an eye out." Y/N turns back to her papers and grabs a new pen from the drawer. "He's already pissed I killed Andrew."

"How many mafia leaders have you dated?" Dream asks gently, he knew it was a touchy subject for her.

"Like consensually or non-consensually? Willingly or 'suggested' by my father?"

"Uh, in general," he says, not expecting that response.

Y/N slips her hand out of his grasp and begins to count off her fingers.

"2 consensually with someone I loved. 5 set up by my father. 7 I got pressured into that were broken up by rape. All were un-consensual."

"Who were the two?" Dream asks, his hand trying to grasp hers again.

"You know both of them," she responds.

"Who are they?" he demands.

"One was Techno."

Dream scoffs.

"Of course. I should have guessed. The question is why."

Y/N frowns and turns her chair away from him.

"Hey," he reaches to grab the armrest and spins her back around. "Answer."

As he turns her back around to face him, he sees that she's trying to hold back a laugh.

"What?"

"Man's was such a nerd in high school but he was the only one actually nice to me. I dated him to keep the others off me. Quiet, introverted, socially awkward, but could throw a punch as good as any of them, if not better."

"What happened?" Dream questions, stifling a laugh, and making a mental reminder to question Techno about that later. "You seemed happy."

"What do you think?" she groans. "Dad broke it up and put me with Andrew instead. That lasted long."

"Okay now, who's the other?" Dream laughs. "You said someone I know."

"Well rule out the possibilities, who was once part of a mafia, that you know, who is around my age, and isn't a jerk?"

Dream stares off into space for a few seconds before his eyes widen.

One person. There's only one person.

He turns to face Y/N who smiles, knowing he knows who it is.

"Tease him about it," she giggles. A soft ping comes from his phone as Y/N winks mischievously.

He opens the message to see it's a photo.

"No way."

He covers his mouth with his hand.