Candy Kisses

This is the 3rd corpse found out in this month . Police had still not found out who the masked culprit behind this . The netizens are worrying about the current situation . The corpse had found near a halted construction site . Netizens are asked to stay safe at home especially at night . Don't open your door to any strangers . If you find anything or anyone abnormal near your place , immediately contact the police helpline number .

Flashes of lights and the high pitched voices of reporters filled the said place . Construction place . Police sealed the place with police banner . Higher officers , dog squad , forensic team , everyone searched the place to find any clue regarding the criminal .

Any clue ? Y/N asked her subordinates who are searching around the place . They shook their head mumbling no . Y/N sighed . Still no clue . This is the 3rd murder within this month . Pressure from the higher up's is getting unendurable day by day . Can't blame them , they are getting worried about the safety of the people .

The people who surrounded the place saw the body of the dead man being taken away from the place for the further investigation .

Clear the people from here . Y/N said to her subordinates . They all did the same . Even though people were unwilling to leave the place , they did after sometime .

Y/N walked around the place looking for any clues that might lead to the further investigation . She was looking around when she noticed a half eaten chocolate bar in a corner with it's wrapper and the golden foil still in there . It's little not normal to see a half eaten chocolate bar in a ceased construction building . So Y/N picked it up with her towel and walked away from there. This might be a lead . She handed it to a man , working in the forensic department .

Extracting the DNA from the golden foil of the chocolate bar , Kang Shi Deok watched the screen blinking with a word - matched . He took his phone out from the lab coat he is wearing and messaged the contact named - Ma'am .

Ma'am

It's matched .

Within 5 minutes he received a reply from that contact with a simple acknowledgement ' k ' . He also noticed the notification pop-ed on his phone screen .

Credited ₩ 1 million to your account number 5380*** - 001 . He sighed . He knew what he is going to do and what he had done till now is illegal but he don't have any other option than this . He don't know who is the person who messaged him and why they are doing this . Maybe to save the real culprit . He don't even know whose DNA he tested . He don't know anything . A puppet in someone's play .

Working as a government forensic officer doesn't pay much and he has to take care of his younger siblings school fees . He had lost his father 5 years back and his conscience wouldn't allow his mother to work so he found this as a better payment . He know with his single doing , someone's life is being at a stake . But he don't have any other option . He could only blame himself and his faith .

He fabricated a DNA of some other criminal and send the report to his investigation department .

Please . I - I don't know anything . I didn't do anything . Please believe me . Ma'am , sir pl-please . Please believe me . I didn't ...... His voice interrupting with a sob . A man of 45 years old who have numerous criminal records charged as theft , pick-pocketing and a rape . He had released from the jail , after his 14 years imprisonment , 3 months back because of the rape case .