The Girl He Never Saw

Seeing a vague silhouette of a person standing in the middle of the road and another person jumping in front of the car to save the former . The shocked driver immediately stepped on the break .

The tyre screeching sound if the car being abruptly stopped along with the heavy downpour and thunder can be heard and a ' thud ' .

The man in the car clenched tightly on the steering wheel looking ahead. There was no one in sight. The flickering light on the light posts gutters time to time . The car's head light shone brightly pointing straightforwardly to the never ending road .

The windshield wiper moving to and fro on the slippery glass of his car. Even in the heavy rainfall and the thunder he could easily make out the thumbing of his heart. It was increasing with the passing of the time .

He slowly stepped out of the car with shaking legs. The cold rainwater instantly drenching his clothes . The cold wind blew on him , making him shiver . He slowly walked to the front.

The flickering lights and the headlight of his car illuminating the surroundings.

He fumbled back with a gasp .

He took out his phone from his pocket and it fell down as soon as he took it out . He kneeled on the road picking his phone up which had a newfound crack on the screen . With shaky hands he dialed a number and within three rings , the receiver acknowledged with a ' hello ' .

Dongseongno street-accident-two person-blood-a man and woman-ambulance . He said in incoherent speech . The phone again slipped off from his hold . The voice of the receiver can be heard .

Hello . Sir ? Are you there ? Sir ?

His eyes again froze at the two people lying in front of him . The man lying in front of his car with blood oozing out of his body turning the rain water on the road crimson . The lady , little away from the scene , lying on the footpath . He could see the blood oozing out of her head and the blood stains on the median , which was being washed off due to the rain.

4 months later

Coming . A male yelled hearing the continuous doorbell which became quiet after hearing his voice . Walking towards the door , his knee bumped on the coffee table making him hiss . With a painful frown etched on his face , he slowly walked towards the main door. Fumbling on the door handle for a little bit, he opened the door revealing a young lady .

There was a moment of silence before the lady introduced herself . My name is Kwon YN . She introduced herself with that one statement followed with a comfortable silence .

You must be Kim Taehyung ....the artist . Right ? She asked staring at him . His jaw clenched .

I'm not an artist anymore ! He practically yelled , staring at her . He shifted on his legs , being annoyed and angry in the early morning . You can leave . He said after a long brief of silence.

I-I'm sorry . She said looking down at the floor . Her eyes filled with tears. Taehyung sighed frustratingly , hearing her sniffling .

Just go . He said calmly .

I'm sorry . She said again .

What are you sorry for ? Nothing is your fault. I was the one who yelled at you and I'm the one who should feel sorry . He sighed . Just... Just go . It's fine . He slowly turned around ready to go inside , fumbling on the door.

Dongseongno street . She said in between the crying . I was the one you .... saved. She sniffled once again.

Taehyung stood there without any movement . Just go . He gritted his teeth , shutting the door on her face. He walked inside the house at a fast pace. He once again stumbled on the coffee table . But this time he fell on his knee , hitting his head in the process.