Chapter 2

"Whoa! Whoa! It's me!" Angie cried out, her hands raised and her face back to normal as Agent McCall aimed his gun at her, Melissa at his side as she let out a scream.

"Angie, don't scare us like that," she sighed, a hand on her chest as she sighed.

"Sorry."

"How did you know he was here?" Rafael asked as he put away his gun.

"I tracked him here," she explained, the FBI agent extremely confused but Melissa understood perfectly.

"Then let's go get your brother," she replied, preventing Rafael from asking questions as they headed for the coyote den, where her brother was screaming on the floor in his sleep. She could smell blood as she entered but barely, meaning that Stiles was bleeding but it was more likely from a few cuts and scrapes rather than a large wound.

"NO! NO! WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!" he cried as they dragged him out of the cave, Angie's grip like iron as she held her brother.

"Stiles! You're ok!" Melissa promised.

"I got you, Mischief! I've got you. You're ok! I got you," Angie soothed, her brother crying on her shoulders as he had a death grip on her.

And Angie had never felt fear like that before. Terror was a more appropriate word actually.

It's no wonder why they called it night terrors.

"We gotta get him to the hospital," Rafael said, Melissa nodding in agreement.

"I'll call the Sheriff and Scott. Let them know he's ok," she offered before turning to Angie who was still saying soothing words to her hysterical brother. "Do you need help?"

"I got him," Angie said as she lifted her brother off the ground with ease, carrying him towards the car as he clung to her. Rafael had his lights on but not his sirens because he didn't want to scare Stiles with the loud noise as he lay in the backseat with his head on his sister's lap as he trembled.

"Can you sing?" he murmured after a time, so quietly that even with her hearing she almost missed it. "The song mom used to?"

Even though she was fighting back her own fear because she didn't know what was wrong with her brother, she couldn't deny him this.

So, softly, as she stroked his hair, trying to get him to match his breathing with hers, her voice filled the silence as she began to sing.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I heard of once, in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, Stiles is blue. But the dreams that he dares to dream, really do come true. Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me and my Angie. Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops. That's where you'll find me and my babies."

That song had been sung to their mother when she was young and she'd wanted to sing it to her children, but with a bit of a twist. Angie was older, meaning she had more time with Claudia before she passed. Both a blessing and a curse.

She'd never forget the way her brother's eyes used to light up when she used to sing his name in the song, changing lyrics and adding them in so it was about her and her two babies. On one of her last good days, a young Stiles had fallen asleep at his mother's side, but not before she'd told him that she'd see him again, one day, over the rainbow. That's where they'd find her. That's where she'd be waiting for them.

And they hadn't listened to that song since.

Angie could never measure up to the way their mother sang it, but she felt she was doing a decent enough job as she watched Stiles stop shaking under the blanket Melissa had thrown over him, his eyes on her lips almost as if he could see the sound or as if he could imagine the words coming from their mother's lips.