Chapter 41

"Angie! Parrish! There you are!" Scott exclaimed in relief as he and Liam ran towards them at the bottom of a stairwell. They hadn't really known where they were going, trusting Jordan's instincts to lead them after she'd explained what just happened between them and Theo's pack. 

"How did you find us?" Angie asked curiously, Jordan's arm around her as he was still a little weak.

"We kinda just followed the burning smell," Liam answered.

"Listen, Eichen is in lockdown. There's no way for us to get out unless plan B works," Scott explained.

"Plan B? What's plan B?" Jordan asked.

"Stiles never mentioned Plan B," Angie added.

"Don't worry about it," Scott said after shooting Liam a glance. "Right now we need you to find Lydia."

"The other you. We kinda need the hellhound to find her," Liam admitted.

Scott gave Angie a pleading look as she turned a wary Jordan's eyes to meet hers. "I love you. And we're all gonna be fine. Remember that," she said before her eyes glowed. "Cerberus," she called and his eyes changed as his fangs grew and he removed his arm from around her shoulder. "Find Lydia. Find the Banshee," she asked and he nodded before replying,

"Sýntrofos."

And Angie's eyes became red again as she and Parrish went marching through Eichen.

Despite the trance that she was in, Angie would never forget the look on Scott and Liam's faces when they watched Parrish walk straight through the door of the closed unit as he burned through the mountain ash. Her brother's scent grew stronger as they navigated the tunnels and Angie rounded a corner to see Stiles standing in front of Lydia who was on her knees as she held her head, the voices inside becoming too much for her.

"Stiles run!" she shouted before Angie's arms wrapped around her brother and pulled him away as Parrish approached the Banshee who finally gave in as she screamed.

Angie covered Stiles' ears with her hands as Jordan hugged Lydia to his chest, muffling the sound of her scream and taking most of the impact as the corridor crumbled and became thick with concrete dust.

They were all coughing and Angie was sure her ears were bleeding as Jordan emerged from the cloud of smoke holding a barely conscious Lydia.

"Where to?" he asked and they all went running.

Mason had come through on Plan B as he cut all the power and shut down the lockdown, allowing them to escape and climb up a ladder and through a sewer grate back onto the sidewalk by the front gate of Eichen.

"Is she ok?" Malia asked as she jumped out of Stiles' jeep as she pulled up, Jordan setting Lydia back on her feet.

"No. We need to go. Give me the keys. We gotta get her to the animal clinic," Scott urged as Malia passed the keys to him, Kira jumping out of her car that she parked behind Stiles.

Angie let out a groan as she felt a claw slice through the back of her neck and Jordan grunted through his teeth as someone scratched his back.

"Sorry, but she's coming with me," Tracy said as she held Lydia, Angie collapsing to the ground as Liam caught her and the venom spread.

"Ok, Tracy, just wait. You don't know what's about to happen," Scott advised.

"I'm taking her. That's what's happening. And none of you are gonna do a thing -"

And Tracy cried out as electricity coursed through her body and Natalie Martian appeared behind her as she held an electric baton.

"Will someone please get my daughter the hell out of here?!" she exclaimed as Stiles caught Lydia.

"Angie-"

"I got her," Jordan promised, already having burned off the kanima venom from his wounds as he cut off Stiles. "Go."

Jordan sat on the sidewalk with Angie's head in his lap as the two cars sped off.

"Hi," she smiled at him, surprisingly calm despite the fact that she couldn't move.

"Hi," he smiled back. "How are you?"

"Well, I'm surprisingly good considering I'm paralysed from the neck down," she answered honestly.

"Shall we fix that?" he asked as he placed his hand on the back of her neck, covering the wound and his eyes glowed as her skin grew warm. She felt the feeling in her limbs come back to her as the warm feeling faded and she seemed to relax even further in his arms as he burned the venom out.

"Thanks, Jordan," she said as her eyes opened and he'd returned to normal.

"You're welcome."

"You seem to be getting more comfortable with your powers," she pointed out.

"It still scares me though. I still don't know where I go at night. And sometimes I take you with me. Which is even scarier."

She sat up in his arms as she stared into his green eyes.

"I'm here and I'm fine. We're both fine," she promised. "And if it helps I can get Argent to follow us. But first, can we get some food and then get some sleep?" she asked and Jordan only smiled at her.

"That we can definitely do," he answered as he scooped her up from the ground and headed for the van and she laughed as she looped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

Maybe they could win this after all.