Chapter 76

Turns out that the creature that was magnifying fear was in the station with them, a fact Lydia discovered after two deputies committed suicide out of fear of midnight growing closer. Angie had then been right about Theo's information helping the situation because it helped Scott get an idea that bought them time. Monroe had wanted Jiang and Tierney dead or alive, so they were just going to give her the former option using the two dead deputies, seeing as Monroe didn't know what the two wolves looked like. However, the ruse was up when Monroe asked to see their pack symbols and they'd been about to fight when someone else entered the scene.

Rafael McCall appeared out of the night, Noah having called him as the FBI agent revealed the plan. The best thing to do in a situation like theirs was to de-escalate it. And the only way they could do that was by accepting the deal on the table. Jiang and Tierney go away for murder and no one gets them and Scott and the rest of his pack leave town.

But that was just another ruse. Everyone had to believe that Scott and his pack, Theo included, left town. It would make it easier to fight back.

A fight that was looking a little more satisfying of an option when Rafael told her that Jiang and Tierney were missing. And while he hoped that they were simply just missing, Angie knew it meant that they were dead.

But while Mason was helping Liam and Theo trick Nolan and the hunters into leaving their headquarters, so that Malia, Scott, Lydia and Chris could break in, Angie was wracked with anxiety as she walked through the halls at work. While she hadn't been included in the whole pack must leave thing, Gerard still knew all about Angie and about Jordan. She had this eerie bad feeling that it was just a matter of time before someone came after them. They weren't safe at the Sheriff's Station anymore. It was just a matter of time before the other shoe dropped. She couldn't stop working though, it would arouse suspicion and make their future missions harder. Her job was the only reason how they got the blueprint planes for the Armoury, so they knew where to plant the thermite charges when they made their escape. But their plan - their trap - backfired massively.

Not only were all of the guns they needed to destroy gone but Scott and Malia almost died and Liam and Theo almost got shot by hunters because Liam saw Nolan and got angry. The young beta managed not to kill him even though he had a clear shot and he ended up injuring himself before Theo knocked him out and told Nolan to run.

And she was even more proud of him when she learned all of that as they all convened at Scott's house that night to recap what an epic failure their plan had been. Well, almost an epic failure.

Scott and Malia had managed to recover a map from the armoury. A map they found in a room littered with trophies of some of the supernaturals they killed, one of them being the skin a stack of rocks had been tattooed on. The skin that smelled like both Jiang and Tierney.

But what was more concerning was the map.

"They're Nemetons," Chris announced as they saw the big red circles printed on the map of the world.

"What does Gerard want with them?" Melissa asked, Theo, Noah, Jordan, Angie and Mason standing in her dining room, Scott upstairs with Malia.

"Genocide," Angie muttered unconsciously as her eyes never left the map. "If they're like the one here, then they're beacons for supernaturals."

"If you wanted to kill every supernatural creature in the world, I hate to say it, but this looks like a damn good place to start," Noah admitted as he braced his hands on the table next to Jordan.

"Gerard isn't going to stop with Beacon Hills, is he?" Jordan asked as Chris met his eyes.

"He wants the whole world."

"So then how do we stop him?" Theo wondered before Lydia flinched as someone walked through the back door.

"Where's Scott?" Rafael asked.

"Upstairs. Why?" Melissa asked her ex-husband nonchalantly.

"He can't leave. No one can."

"That sounds promising," Theo said as Melissa looked up, her expression becoming a little more serious.

"Nice to see that you changed your mind but I'm afraid to ask why," she replied.

"It's Gerard's weapons," he answered.

"The one's missing from the armoury?" Jordan clarified and the agent nodded as Scott and Malia came downstairs from where Angie had been able to hear them making out in his room. And while she was happy for them, she couldn't help but feel bad for her brother. His best friend and his ex together was a pretty sucky move even if Stiles was dating Lydia now.

"Dad?" Scott asked worriedly when he saw his father.

"The guns have all been distributed, legally, to the citizens of Beacon Hills," he informed them.

"Another problem to add to the list," Angie huffed as she rubbed her forehead.

"How many?" Chris asked.

"All of them. And at no charge."

"What, he just gave them away?" Scott asked in disbelief.

"No," Chris answered. "He's arming his army."

"Lydia? What's wrong?" Angie asked warily as she watched the strangely silent redhead stare intently at the window in the loungeroom before she widened her eyes.

"Get down!" she warned as she pulled Mason to the floor just as an arrow shattered the window she'd been staring out of. The flare arrows lodged themselves into the wall before they exploded. Chris tackled Melissa to the ground and Scott did the same for Malia. Jordan had actually pushed his future father-in-law down as he covered him because a fraction of a second before Lydia shouted her warning, Theo heard the sound of a bullet sliding into the chamber of a gun and he didn't hesitate to pull Angie to the floor as he shielded her.

As the gunshots started, the lot of them hugged the floor as the red lasers targeting lasers shone through the house.

And Angie could only watch as the bullets reigned through as a pool of blood got larger and larger as someone bled out.

But that was just the worst injury. Every other human that was there was hit and Angie began to writhe in Theo's arms.

"What's going on? Angie? Are you ok?" he asked worried as he turned her body over to look at her face.

"Wolfsbane," she groaned as Theo began to check her over, stopping to cover her head as something shattered and glass rained down on them.

"You haven't been shot! How could the wolfsbane - I can't - I don't know how to take your pain," he panicked as he placed his hand over her only for his skin to stay the same. "What do I -"

"Parrish!" Noah called worriedly as the gunfire seemed to stop. "Parrish, you good?" Noah asked as the deputy also groaned on the floor and Theo's head flicked between the two as he seemed to put it together.

"Was he shot?!" he asked the Sheriff.

"Four rounds in his back," Noah confirmed as he saw them as Jordan lay on his side as he groaned in agony.

"They're connected!" Theo exclaimed. "The bullets were coated in wolfsbane. They shot him but it's killing Angie too."

"What do we do?" Noah asked and Jordan stopped moving as his eyes landed on his miserable fiancée who was now coughing up purple dust.

"You burn it out," he answered as his eyes glowed, and Theo's eyes widened as he helped pull the Sheriff from the way before Jordan burst into flames.