Chapter 105

Angie was smartly dressed in black pants, heels, a blue blouse and a black coat, her handbag on her arm as she walked behind her brother into the FBI headquarters, a visitor's badge clipped to her coat.

"Hey, Stilinski. Good to have you back," said a man with brown hair as he approached her brother.

"Good to be back," Stiles returned as he shook his hand. "Flynn, you remember my sister, Angie?"

"Of course. Nice to see you again," Flynn greeted her as they shook hands.

"You as well, Agent Flynn."

"The kid is waiting in your office. You need anything else?" Flynn asked Stiles.

"Yeah, man. Could you grab the files for the Sawyer case? We're due in court on Monday. Time to start studying," Stiles replied.

"No worries. Good to have you back again, man. And nice to see you again, Angie," Flynn said as they gave each other kind smiles before parting ways.

"Can you say kiss up?" Angie smirked and her brother grinned as they reached his office door.

"He thinks being partnered with the agent with the highest number of cases closed will get him a raise."

"He'll probably let you do all the work and plan it so he makes the arrest."

"Exactly," Stiles said as he placed a hand on the door handle. "Are you ready for this?" he asked and she took a deep breath.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

And Stiles opened the door as he led his sister inside. "Hey, Luke. How you doing, buddy?" Stiles asked as the young boy got up and ran at Stiles, wrapping him in a hug.

"Better now," the boy said, and Angie's heart broke for him before his eyes fell on her. "You're her," he said. "The girl from the photo."

Angie knew exactly what photo Luke was talking about. It was mostly a form of protection but Stiles didn't keep any photos in his office of the people in his family that weren't law enforcement. His father, sister and brother-in-law were used to threats and for Chloe's safety, her pictures were kept safely in his house or on his phone. So the only photo in Stiles' office was of him, Noah, Angie and Jordan at Angie's birthday celebration a few years ago.

"I'm Angie," she said as she offered him her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

The little boy shook it hesitantly before Stiles led him back over to the couch. Luke sat down before Stiles moved to sit behind his desk and Angie took a seat on the opposite end of the sofa.

"My brother has told me a lot about you," she started. "I'm sorry about your dad."

His eyes were set on the floor but she could smell the grief on him.

"Stiles says you work at a police station," Luke muttered and she nodded, her smile soft.

"My dad is a police officer too. He's the sheriff. And my husband is a deputy." The silence wasn't awkward as Angie paused for a moment. "You know, I have a daughter who is a couple years older than you. Her name is Chloe. She wants to be just like the rest of her family. She wants to be a cop too. Do you know what you want to be when you're older?"

"FBI," he answered. "Like Stiles, so I can stop the bad people that killed my dad."

"I think that's a really good thing to want to be, Luke," she praised. "Can I ask you something?"

"I guess," he answered as he fidgeted with his fingers.

"FBI agents have to keep a lot of secrets, right? Are you good at keeping secrets?"