Chapter 52

"No one's unaccounted for?" Corey asked as he and Mason followed Parrish around the bullpen.

He and Mason had seen the ghost riders at the school last night, and though they couldn't remember, they were convinced that they'd taken someone and now they were trying to prove that. But so far, their investigation had produced nothing because Natalie had confirmed that all absentees were accounted for at school and now Parrish wasn't giving them anything.

"You can reword the question as much as you want. The answer is still no," he sassed as he placed a file in the file cabinet and took some out.

"Do you feel anything?" Corey asked.

"Does your hellhound intuition sense something wrong with the supernatural?" Mason pushed and Jordan sighed.

"I'm a harbinger of death. Not a harbinger of kidnapping," he retorted. "I'm also a Sheriff's deputy working an unsolved murder that for once, doesn't involve shapeshifters, resurrected 18th-century serial killers, or me and my girlfriend. It's just a straightforward robbery-homicide."

Said girlfriend would have been really proud of the level of sarcasm in that retort.

"Straightforward?" Mason asked incredulously. "He was bludgeoned to death and stuffed into a high school air duct."

"And I already have your statement. Have a great day, Mason. You too, Corey," Jordan said in farewell as he headed towards the reception before seeing who sat at the reception desk and turned around. "Oh, and don't even think about asking Angie about all this," he warned as his eyes glowed, and the two boys sighed in defeat. "Hey, what are you doing?" he asked as he set the pile of files on her desk, and he saw the page she was holding.

"I'm just...I'm trying to figure out why I have an application for senior photos at Beacon Hills High on my desk," she said as she held it out to him, and he furrowed his brows.

"Maybe Hayden left it here?" Jordan suggested.

"Hayden's not a senior. And according to the printer log I printed out two copies of this page two days ago. And I don't have a clue why I would or where the second copy is. Scott handed in his form a week ago and Lydia sorted out herself and Malia."

"Maybe you printed out the wrong document. Look, don't stress about it. I know you feel like you're forgetting something important, but it'll come to you. It'll come to you when you stop thinking about it," he said pointedly, and she gave him a blank stare.

"If I didn't love your face so much, I'd punch it," she glared as she spun in her chair and turned back to her computer screen.

"What's your price to help the face you love so much go through these files on the driver's known associates?" he asked, and she spun back around as she leaned in her chair, resting her chin on her fist.

"Hmm. Chicken pasta for dinner, a foot rub and a bath with those special bath salts you keep hiding from me," she negotiated, and Jordan was smiling as his mouth dropped open.

"They're my bath salts I bought for me when sitting in a chair all day hurts my back."

"And your back is gonna be hurt when you're sitting by yourself looking through those files," she said as she turned back to her computer and Jordan bent down to kiss her neck.

"You've got yourself a deal. So long as I get to keep you company in that bathtub."

"I thought that was a given," she smirked as she looked up at him. "Hand 'em over."

And he passed over half of the files as they began digging.

******************************************************************

"I wasn't a werewolf yet, and I wasn't out here alone," Scott revealed as he, Malia and Lydia walked through the forest. The entire day he'd felt like there'd been hole in his memory, and so had Malia and Lydia. 

Scott had then woken up in the middle of the woods 5 miles away from his house, just like he had when he was first bitten.

Malia had found the chains she's used to tie herself up with on a full moon and she'd realised that there was no way she'd be able to do up the chains by herself when she was at the lake house on the full moons, especially because Scott and Lydia never helped her.

And Lydia had been feeling like she was supposed to meet someone all day, but she couldn't remember who and she couldn't find them.

"I know it sounds crazy. But I think I have a best friend and I think he was out here with me that night," Scott continued as Lydia and Malia told him their stories and he realised something.

"What if we're all missing the same person?" he asked as he pulled something out of his pocket, and they shone a light on it. "And I think he was in this picture."

"He was sitting right there," Lydia confirmed as she ran a finger on the picture in the empty space between her and Scott and then they all jumped as Scott's phone began to ring.

"Angie? What's wrong?" he asked into the phone and the girl laughed humourlessly on the other side.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?! Well, let's see, I went to bed last night and I woke up standing inside a bank vault."

"A vault? The vault at the abandoned bank?" Scott worried as the girl's eyes widened.

"The same vault I remember being chained inside while you tried to get my memories back. But Scott, my father wasn't the one to get my memories back. He put cracks in the wall sure but there was someone else. I think they were your age. Someone else broke through that dam in my mind and brought back all my memories and I think it's the same someone I filled out a senior photos application form for."

"Angie, I think you're right," Scott revealed.

"So, what do we do? If the ghost riders took someone, how exactly are we supposed to get them back?"

"We remember."