Chapter 45

"So remind me again what this brilliant idea of yours is so I know why we're here?" Jordan asked as they walked through Beacon Hills Preserve the next morning - or later that morning.

"You need to be at peace with the hellhound so you and I can work together and stop the Beast once Argent finds the magic pike," she began, talking with her hands as they went, Lydia having explained the rest of the Maid of Gevaudan's story to them. Along with the fact that Mason was the Beast. He was the last Chimera. "So the question is, how do we get you to find peace so that the rest of the dominoes can fall?"

"I'm guessing you have the answer," Jordan said as she stopped them.

"I believe I do," she replied before she turned her head, turning his attention to the Nemeton.

"Angie -"

"Just trust me," she pleaded as she held his arm, her hand sliding down to lace their fingers together, fireworks exploding as their skin touched.

He sighed heavily as he let her lead him towards the tree stump, trying to keep his hand from shaking. This morning, she'd said goodbye to her father and brother just in case. Chris had plans to engage her in battle for most of the night - they were actually her plans. Her plans to buy Scott and an old friend enough time to keep Malia alive and hopefully find a solution to save Mason before they were forced to save many lives above just one. So, she'd said goodbye. She still wasn't good at them.

Stiles had also taken a swing at Jordan for hurting his sister. Just like no one hurt her Mischief, no one hurt his Angel.

Noah had to ice his son's bruised hand after that but she appreciated the thought.

"So far, I've been helping you control your transformation by calling both you and Cerberus forth through our bond," she began. "You need to be able to do it by yourself, effortlessly. But you're scared to trust the hellhound because of what you see him do in your dreams. So, I figure that if you face your fear by facing the Nemeton which is the common denominator between both you and the hellhound, you and Cerberus can finally get along."

"I didn't follow that at all," Jordan said as their legs brushed the edge of the stump as she faced him.

"You don't need you. All you need to do is stop fighting it. Stop fighting the hellhound. Accept him and maybe, just maybe, we can save everyone you've seen in your dream," she explained and he was still sceptical, but he trusted her, implicitly.

"How do I do that?" he asked instead and Angie gave him a small smile as she took their linked hands and placed his palm on the tree stump.

"You stop thinking," she answered and he felt the power that radiated from the tree as the remnants of his dreams flashed through his head. And as he played Angie's words in his head over and over again, he stopped thinking. He felt it as he closed his eyes and let the power run through him.

Angie guessed he must've been doing something right as the rings of the tree began to glow the same orange as his eyes.

And when he straightened, it was serene for the first time. He could feel the wind and the direction it blew, every leaf, stick and pebble beneath his show. Most of all, he could smell Angie's scent on the cool breeze, the sweetest smell he'd ever smelt, a smell he craved.

And when he opened his eyes to finally look at her, they glowed, but the voice he spoke with was his own and not Cerberus'.

"What was step 2?"

******************************************************************

"Mason."

"Mason Hewitt," Chris filled in for his father as they walked through the Beacon Hills High School Library and observed the massive hole in the window that the Beast left. "He's a sophomore. Liam's best friend."

"And a mass murderer."

"We're going to need to tell Scott the rest," Chris pointed out.

"Not necessarily."

"If there's a way to save him- "

"The pike won't save him, it will kill him. Mason Hewitt is gone. And Ennis' old beta already knows all about the pike thanks to someone," Gerard interrupted pointedly.

"She's one of our most powerful allies against the Beast. She alone will be able to get Parrish into fighting shape and if she can't then she'll fight the Beast herself," Chris argued.

"And how do you know that?"

"How do you know that the pike isn't some steal cup gathering dust in someone's antique collection?" Chris retorted.

"Oh, I think it's closer to us than that. We'll find the pike. Whatever shape it's in."

"If we can't, then we're going to need a lot more firepower to take on the Beast," Chris noted before both men turned to the sound of the doors opening behind them, to see Angie and Parrish standing there, hand in hand as the moonlight shone down on them.

"How much firepower do you want?" Jordan asked before both their eyes glowed and Angie smirked.

"Because we've got a hell of a lot."