Chapter 6

If Angie wasn't trying to work on not killing people, she would've killed Derek.

Her brother had been marked by the Oni. He had the backwards 5 on his neck marking him as himself. Noah had cried when they'd walked Stiles into his office a few hours shy of sunrise and he squeezed him in a hug before they both tugged Angie in. Her family had been together again as they began looking for Lydia and trying to track the other Stiles. And Angie wasn't about to let her baby brother out of her sight until Derek sent her a text.

More like three words really.

Hunters. Woods. Help!

And considering the fact that Derek never used an exclamation mark in any text he'd ever sent before, she assumed it was important as she reluctantly tore herself away from her brother to go help him and boy did he need help.

Ethan and Aiden were badly wounded and bleeding black on the forest floor as they ran from the bullets that were repeatedly being fired at them. Derek had grabbed Aiden seeing as he was in worse shape while Angie helped Ethan along.

"Where are we?" Ethan asked as he began to cough black blood, Angie kneeling on the ground next to Aiden with her eyes closed and his hand in hers.

"It's a coyote den. Stay quiet," Derek whispered as he moved back from the entrance, his eyes carefully trained on where Angie was absorbing Aiden's pain.

"Did you see the shooter? Do you know who it is?" Ethan asked.

"No. I was a little busy," Derek retorted as Angie groaned and Aiden ripped his hand from hers as she swayed, Derek rushing to help hold her. "Who else did the two of you piss off?"

"We pissed off everyone," Aiden groaned, feeling significantly better. "It was only a matter of time before someone caught up to us."

"The bullets have wolfsbane in them," Angie said as Derek helped her to her feet. "We have to get you out of here before the poison spreads."

"Stay here. And stay quiet. We'll be right back," he promised as he placed a hand on Angie's back and they headed outside the den.

Whoever was shooting at them seemed to have disappeared as they scoped out a route out of the woods, Derek also calling in more backup.

Back up that came in the form of Chris Argent.

Angie was rather impressed at how well the two of them were getting along these days - the hunter and the hunted.

It took a while, but they were eventually able to get the twins back to the loft as Derek filled Chris in, Angie going to get the blowtorch to burn the wolfsbane out of their wounds.

While he'd been arrested, a lawyer came to visit Chris in the form of Aarya, a Mexican hunter who seemed to have an even stricter code than the Argent's did. Derek had suspected that she had been the one after the twins but the shell casings weren't marked with her seal. They were marked with a seal Chris believed he'd never see again - a seal that shouldn't be alive.

However, when Angie had finished with the twins and was patching them up, her phone rang, just as Chris' did.

"Stiles? What's going on? Are you ok?" she asked quickly.

"We know where Lydia is. It's Oak Creek! The internment camp. That's where they are."

"Mischief, please wait. Please wait for us. We're on our way. You don't know how powerful he is."

"Angie, there's no time. It's already nightfall. We're running out of time - I'm running out of time," he replied and her eyes filled with water.