Chapter 19

(A/N: Thanks for 3000 reads! Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Angie had been out for hours, almost 17 to be exact, when her eyes fluttered open again and she inhaled deeply as she stretched before realising where she was and what she was wearing. She was in her room, in her bed at her father's house and she was dressed in one of Jordan's oversized t-shirts. And casually sitting next to her on her bed in jeans and a red t-shirt as he typed away on a computer, was Jordan himself.

"Morning Ange," Jordan smiled as he noticed she was awake. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a semi-truck. Why are you in my bed?" she asked, her voice still raspy as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"I thought you'd be happy about that," he replied as he closed the laptop and set it on her bedside table.

"I am, but my dad -"

"Was actually the one that told me to stay," he informed, and Angie only held a hand on her forehead as she rolled onto her back.

"It's too early in the morning for this," she groaned.

"Actually, it's almost four in the afternoon," he corrected.

"How long have I been out?" she asked as she looked up at him from where she lay on her pillow.

"A while. Almost 17 hours, not including the 20 minutes you were awake because I had to break your leg again so it could heal properly. You passed out pretty instantly after that."

"I vaguely recall it," she sighed before she wriggled upward to rest her head on his chest as they snuggled together, Angie perfectly content to just fall asleep again until Jordan continued his explanation.

"Your dad came home soon after that and he asked me what was going on between us."

She tensed in his arms. "Do I want to know what you answered to that?" she asked, and he only smiled as he kissed her head.

"I told him the truth. That I really like you and care about you and wanted to make sure you were ok."

"And what did dad say?" she asked nervously as her finger began tapping on his stomach.

"To sum up what was probably the most nerve-wracking conversation I've ever had in my life, he said that so long as he sees a smile on your face, he has no problem with it. And then there was the very vivid reminder of the gun he owns and the fact that he's my boss and knows all manner of supernatural creatures that could probably make me disappear with ease."

She laughed into his chest, his body warming at the vibrations. "You wouldn't think that I'm turning 26 soon. I'll always be his little girl." Jordan kissed her head again as he rubbed her arm. "Just for the record, I really like you and I really care about you too," she added as she leaned her head back to look up at his.

"Good to know," he replied as tilted her chin up with his forefinger to kiss her before she cuddled back to his chest, still slightly sleepy. "Derek also stopped by. He dropped off a hard drive that you asked for. I was looking through it all day. I hope you don't mind."

"That's perfectly fine. Find anything good?"

"No. I got sidetracked reading about the Kanima. I can't believe they beat that thing."

"I can. I think a Kanima is much easier than a supernatural dead pool and creatures made out of animal bones," she replied, and Jordan just smiled at her.