Chapter 73

"What the hell did you do now?" Angie snapped as she stood opposite Theo in an interrogation room at the station. Last night she'd been explaining how she found the licence plate of the car that the hunters drove when they took Theo from a camera across the street and how she'd been tracking it ever since, when she got a call. So rather than plotting how to break into hunter headquarters and bust him out, she was plotting her classic guilt trip speech that she saved for when people did something stupid. She had to admit though, she was the tiniest bit relieved when she got her father's call saying he'd found Theo.

"I did nothing! It was the other two! You and I know that we could both get away with murder if we wanted to," he fired back. "I'm the one that figured out how to escape anyway."

"Stole my thunder too," Angie smirked as she crossed her hands over her chest. "Jordan and I were going to mount a rescue mission."

"You were going to come after me?" he asked, both surprised and confused.

"Obviously. Olive branch, remember?" she reminded him. "And you were at my house when you were taken, kinda felt responsible for you anyway."

Theo ran a hand through his hair. "I was probably gonna get taken either way, but, for what it's worth, thanks."

"You're welcome," she grinned, rather proud of his progress.

"I don't suppose you could tell me when I could get out of here, could you?" he asked sheepishly and she chuckled.

"As a matter of fact I can,' she answered. "And you, Theo, can get out of here once you do what you do best."

"And what is that?" he questioned and she smirked.

"Trick them into trusting you."

******************************************************************

"I had nothing to do with any of this!" Theo bellowed as he stood at the bars of the holding cage, the two wolves he escaped and were arrested with sitting towards the back. "Hello? Come on!" he called but no one answered and the room remained still. Theo sighed before he turned on the two wolves. "Who did you kill? Was it you?!" he demanded with an accusatory finger. "You? Both of you? Who's the murderer?!"

He sighed as he wasn't given an answer before continuing. "Alright, I get it. The longer you stay quiet, the better, right?" he said before crouching in front of the male wolf who was sitting on the floor, the female laying on the concrete slab. "But you're in here for murder. And they're keeping me here too," Theo continued as the girl put her hand on the boy's shoulders. "But you're the murderers."

"We're not murderers," the man insisted.

"Jiang," the girl reprimanded.

"If you'd been there, you'd have known we didn't have a choice!" he finished as the girl sat up. "They came after us."

"Jiang, shut up!" she shouted before she became worried as Theo started laughing as he stood. The chimera moved back to the bars of the cell as he looked at the camera mounted on the wall.

"We good, Angie? Was that enough for you?' he asked and from where Angie, her dad and Jordan were watching the security feed at her desk in the reception.

"Are you sure you wanna let him out?" Noah confirmed and Angie nodded.

"I'll be responsible for him. It's fine, dad," she assured him before turning to her finace. "Get him out and I'll start his paperwork."

"Sure," he replied as he walked off and Noah just sighed before be headed to his office and as Angie was typing, it seemed like it had only been seconds before Scott and his pack, along with a brown-haired girl she'd never seen before, were rushing through the doors as they stopped at her desk.