Chapter 7

Turns out that Allison had discovered how to kill an Oni before she died.

Silver.

And she'd made four arrows for the four remaining Oni.

So while Chris saved Derek and helped out the twins with the silver arrows, Angie had been running for her brother and his friends.

The Nogitsune had been making them hallucinate that they were in Bardo, a place between life and death, as he explained how he'd taken almost all of the territories on the board. The hospital, the Sheriff Station and the animal clinic. The one territory he had yet to claim was his sister, sweet little Angie, who he would have to deal with personally once they were all dead.

But Stiles figured it out. He figured out that Bardo was just an illusion.

He figured out his Divine Move to change the game - to win the game.

So after being slashed and stabbed and attacked by the Oni, they eventually broke out of the illusion and they reappeared back in the school hallway.

At least until Void Stiles appeared and knocked out Scott and Kira.

"This was my game. You think you can beat me at my game?" he asked with a murderous glare as he looked from Kira's body to where the real Stiles was hanging onto Lydia as he tried to stay upright. "Divine move? Divine move? You think you have any moves at all? You can kill the Oni but me? Me?! I'm a thousand years old. YOU CAN'T KILL ME!" he raged, not hearing the doors being pushed open as Angie burst into the school and saw where Void Stiles had cornered her brother at the end of the hall.

"But we can change you!" Lydia blurted and Angie went running.

"What?" Void muttered.

"You forgot about the scroll," Stiles pointed out.

"The Shugendo Scroll," Lydia clarified and a look of horror filled Void Stiles' eyes.

"Change the host."

"You can't be a fox and a wolf," Stiles remarked as his sister shifted and let out a roar as she leapt through the air, coming down to sink her teeth into Void Stiles' shoulder as he screamed.

Scott had even got up to sink his teeth into Void Stiles' other shoulder before Kira's katana was shoved through his chest. His body writhed on the floor as a fly spewed from his mouth, flying off and forced out as it escaped only for Isaac to capture it in a box made from the wood of the Nemeton tree. And Void stiles grew still as he began to crack like a stone statue before crashing to the floor and disappearing like sand in the wind.

And then the real Stiles fell to the ground.

"Stiles! Mischief! Can you hear me?!" Angie shouted as she placed his head on her lap and felt for a pulse which was growing stronger by the second, not to mention the fact that his skin was also growing warmer as if he was coming back to life.

It was maybe 30 seconds later that his eyes fluttered open and everyone sagged with relief.

"Oh, god, I fainted, didn't I?" he asked as Angie cupped his cheek and he looked up at her. "We're alive. We all alive?"

"Yeah. We're ok," Scott answered and Stiles chuckled in disbelief before Lydia rose to her feet and then broke into a run. Scott and Angie helped Stiles to his feet before they chased after her.

Aiden was dead.

He'd killed the last of the Oni but it wasn't without a price as he took a sword to his stomach, the wolf too weak to heal from it as he bled black. Lydia was crying into Stiles' shoulder as he held her, the silence solemn before Angie thought about the other people she didn't want to lose.